Thinking about buying Catholicism DVD set

I’m talking about the one from Word On Fire Catholic Ministries. Does anyone else have it? What do you think of it?

There’s a free episode online right now on the Word on Fire site in honor of the Year of Faith. You could check out that episode before you buy.

I’m a “baby boomer” with 16 years of Catholic school education, grade 1 through college, and also active in various parish teaching ministries. I have watched many, many video presentations on the faith. The “Catholicism” DVD set is, in my opinion, the most outstanding, inspiring, beautifully produced, uplifting one I have ever seen. Bought a set myself.

I bought it. It is awesome.

I thought it was fantastic. But certainly check out the free episode as others have pointed out. That gives you the feel for the series, and you then can get the episode names and decide whether you wish to get the whole thing.

I can’t say enough good things about it :slight_smile:

It’s uplifting, it gives us a sense that we’re all in something great together. It’s intelligent.

youtube.com/user/wordonfirevideo

I, too, am so glad I purchased the set! Several of my teen-age grandchildren have seen some of the episodes and were fascinated by the beauty of it, and Father Barron’s explanations.

I have also shown all ten episodes, one every week, to a meeting that I attend every Friday after morning Mass.
They loved it!

Now I am inviting people to my home, weekly, to see the episodes. I don’t get tired of watching it with them, and we have interesting discussions afterwards.

It is fabulous. I own a set and hubby and I watch the DVD’s over and over again.

Fr. Barron came to our Cathedral parish to show some previews and talk about this series. One of the things he talked about was how he insisted that the series be professionally done.

Matt Leonard (NBC News) directed the series. Here’s a little bit about him:

catholicismseries.com/watch/behind-the-scenes/matt-leonard-director-and-editor

Aside from the inspirational and educational qualities of this series (both of which are excellent), the cinematography and the music are so beautiful.:slight_smile:

P.S. You do not have to be Catholic to appreciate this series!!

All I can say is, like, totally buy it already! Awesome stuff…

Mike Leonard too, Matt Leonard’s father:

catholicismseries.com/watch/behind-the-scenes/mike-leonard-executive-producer-nbc-today-show-correspondent

I bought it. I watched it. I was amazed at the beauty and the outstanding presentation by Fr. Barron. I prayed about it. I talked to my parish priest about showing to entire parish. He asked for a consensus of my prayer group. EVERYONE loved it and wanted to expand to entire parish. Fr. agreed and we are now on week 8, showing one episode each week. During this process, we have attracted two couples who are converting to the Catholic faith, one more who wound up purchasing the series and is showing to other friends who are considering converting. People from my parish have spread the word, and four out of state relatives have now purchased and are showing at their parishes.
In other words…BY ALL MEANS, purchase it and share it! I am more on fire for Christ and His church than ever!

I own the series and love it and now it is cheaper than ever, you can get it online for $100 with the soundtrack. Is it a little pricy? Sure. Is it worth it? That and more!

Buy it for yourself, buy it for your friends and family and parish! Our parish did a 10 part class for it and we had about 40 folks show up each showing.

I would really recommend this video series. Every time I watch it, it pulls me in like the first time i watched it. I’m planning on showing this when my RCIA class begins.

With everyone singing their praises I decided to get it. Got it while it was on sale with the sound track. Got the book and study guide too.:slight_smile:

Great! I trust you will enjoy it a lot.

Because some people forget to return things they borrow, I always ask people over to my home to watch the Catholicism series, one segment at a time. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how long it take them to process the order once it’s submitted?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.