Thinking about Seminary

Please pray for me. I am 18, in college and believe that God is calling me to the diocesan priesthood. I have had opposition from my loved ones as well and I ask that you guys could pray for my family and I during this time of discernment. Thanks and God bless!

**I pray for these kind of posts. I say fill out the application to Seminary.

Diacerning a vocation to the ordained life is much longer than the a vocation to marriage.

Please discern this vocation by listening to your prompting in your heart.

You just may be a holy father no matter what…either will strengthen our Mother Church!

Promise prayers and please keep me updated on this. Though I only know your sign in name - I promise prayers.

Blessings for asking this question.**

Keeping you in my prayers Matthew. Please keep me in yours!

Good for you! Go wherever the Holy Spirit leads you. Do you have a spiritual advisor? You need a good one. :thumbsup:

I will do so happily, Matthew!

Hail Mary, full of grace.
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, please grant Matthew wisdom and discernment. Help him to hear your voice and respond to your call. Please put a good, holy priest in his life to help him discern his true vocation. May his family come to accept his final decision and give him their support. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Praying very much for you and yours. I, too, am discerning to be a priest.

God Bless you, and yours.

Nice… will be praying for you…

Actually I am also thinking of going to seminary, but for a diploma/MA program for personal enrichment though. And I’m planning to take it after my BA / after when I get a stable job and have a steady income… So it’s something I’m planning to pursue at my convenience… Anyway seminary is good, if you dont come out a priest, you come out a better person anyway :slight_smile:

Including you in my rosary intentions tonight.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.