Third Secret of Fatima and Smoke of Satan in the Catholic Church (Video & Podcast)

I watched it on Dr. Marshall’s youtube channel a few nights ago. I found it very tempered and informative. I respect Dr. Marshall a great deal and have learned a lot from him. I’ve been subscribed to his channel for at least two years. He has had this guest on before, and he is always interesting and well informed.

I also highly recommend other videos on Dr. Marshall’s channel.

I’m from Europe and I think you need to take it easy on some of your opinions about what’s going on in this continent for the simple reason that you’re not as right as you think you are.

Who’s Taylor Marshall? Never heard of him…

I have read the popes and the Portuguese bishops commenting on Fátima authoritatively, and so too many many good foreign catholic clergy.

And there have also been many scare mongers trying to twist the message of Fátima any way they saw fit. Fact is, the third secret was only revealed in 2000 giving a good 83 years for all kinds of speculation, and that speculation continues to this day.

What does this have to do with traditional catholicism?

Now I’m disappointed. For real? I believed this legend for the longest time. I have heard it from what I thought were good sources too.

See posts four to seven on this thread. Your eyes will be opened:

Satan's Century

Wait - is this the quote from Luther, Calvin, or Henry 8?

Um…was there a secret election I didn’t hear about where he was chosen for this high position? Who, if anyone, monitors or critiques Taylor Marshall? This is for the National Enquirer generation of Catholics.

No matter. The St. Michael Prayer is still a very good and powerful prayer, and even if Pope Leo did not see a vision, I am sure he was WELL aware that the Devil was seeking to destroy the Church. Other visionaries, including saints, have seen such visions and described them.

I agree. I was quite disappointed when I saw this thread yesterday though as I’d been adhering to the legend for ten years.

Even if the contents of the vision of Pope Leo XIII are fake, there’s no doubt that Satan has been having a field day in the Church.

That doesn’t make any sense.

So am I and what I see of Europe is an attack from all sides on Christianity. With the exception a few countries, Europe is an anti-Christian society where evil acts amd immoral behaviour is promoted as good and where Christian values are deemed as extreme.

I don’t think that is accurate. A more precise description would be there are sectors/groups within society that verbalize anti-catholic rhetoric (and acts). Fact being -popes and scholars agree- we are a continent of christian heritage in our values, culture and identity.

Evil is in the human heart, as pope Francis says.

And yes, modernity brought with it a greater degree of disorder in public discourse and values. And there are factions with anti-catholic interests that historically have promoted anti-catholic agendas to this day. But I don’t mind their discourse, neither do I pay attention to them, much less let myself be influenced by their bigotry.

I think it’s gone beyond anti-Christian sectors now. Anti-Christian values are mainstream with Christian values seen as bigotted and before long may be illegal to express in public. Politicians who express traditional Christian beliefs are deemed to be extreme.

Europe may have had a Christian heritage, but we cannot just live looking to the past. Look at supposedly Catholic Ireland, look at the recent abortion referendum there. Is that the actions of a Christian nation?

What matters more, what heritage Europe has or what she has become?

On a pro-life march in London this year an notable American pro-life campaigner who was there described being in Europe (or was it in London) as being, “in the belly of the beast”.

I’ve met a few young Irish and really thought they were lovable. They all together had this factor: COMPLETELY FALLEN AWAY FROM CHURCH NOT A SINGLE CLUE ABOUT CATECHESIS.

It doesn’t matter how lovable they were, it isn’t about being lovable.

Is it the actions of a Christian nation to, overwhelmingly, in a popular vote, vote to remove from their constitution, the protection of the unborn? And in supposedly one of the most Catholic countries in Europe?

What nation in Europe has a more Christian heritage than Ireland? After the fall of the Roman empire, when paganism spread over Western Europe, it wad Irish monks who kept the flame alive and in time brought the light back to Europe. And look at what Ireland is now.

and they also gave us that good Irish whiskey.

Actually, some of the virtues do make people lovely.

But being lovable does not make Ireland a Christian country.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.