This Apologetics section is a blessing!

Hi All

This is officially my first posting on this forum, but I have been following this section closely for over a year now. I don’t know if this is the appropriate topic to post in this section but I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you. The abundant knowledge and conviction that has been displayed here has worked wonders in my life. Let me explain why I am in tears as I write this post. My boyfriend of 2 years was raised Catholic but left the Church to embraced what he believed to be a more concrete explanation for our existence, i. e. atheism. When I meant him, he was already an atheist and very anti-Catholic. He hated everything the Church stood for and blamed her for every imaginable wrong. Many times over I was ready to give up and leave, and many times over, God, in his infinite wisdom, gave me the courage and strength to keep trying. For two years, he fought me every step of the way. Each time he had a question that was too difficult for me to answer; I came onto this form and would find my way to this section. And each time, I found an answer. To make a long story short, just yesterday, while alone at home he experienced God. In his own words, “I don’t need anyone to convince me anymore, I just know it”. For two years I’ve waited, begged, and prayed while on my knees crying and always hoping for this day but never really knowing how wonderful it would be for both he and I. I know we must take it one day at a time, but he is finally ready to start his journey home. Thank you all and may our Lord bless you as He has obviously blessed me.

God be praised. You provide a wonderful example of patient witness to your boyfriend that we can all imitate here (whether Catholic or otherwise). I’m glad you’ve found this forum a help.

God bless,
Ut

Please pray for us too, young lady. God knows we need it in our own relationships (or lack thereof) and the perseverance to study and reflect the faith correctly in Apologetics. :o

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Praise God!

Luke 15:7-10 I say to you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that doth penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance…So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance.

Bringing joy to heaven. Not bad. Bless you and your boyfriend, and may God bring many happy years together for you.

Thank you, luv_n_christ. We will pray that his heart continues to be be open.

And do not be afraid to ask questions! :slight_smile:

May God bless both of you!

Wow! That is awesome. Glad that your boyfriend has had such a wonderful experience.

And why not graduate from lurker to poster? We’d love to see more posts from you! :slight_smile:

it’s been a while since I’ve posted my very first entry! I truly appreciate the words of encouragement. For those who care to know (which i’m assuming some do :smiley: ). My bf has been going to Mass every Sunday since Easter without fail and I see such a wonderful change in him. He seems so much happier and at peace.

Also, i find it interesting when my mom told me (before she knew of his conversion) that for some reason she kept having thoughts of him during Easter mass (the day before his experience). So as a result, she prayed for him specifically throughout the day. If that’s not an example of the power of prayer, I really don’t know what is.

As a side note, we will be starting marriage prep classes very soon!! I suppose I should start referring to him as my finance…:stuck_out_tongue:

What a wonderfull blessing. Glory be to God of Heavens and Earth forever. Amen.

Our God may continue to encourage him in his journey.

ofcourse i meant…fiance…:blush:

A wonderful testimony to the power of God’s grace.

You must be so happy! I am very happy for you!

I feel I can relate because my boyfriend of 3 years was also raised Catholic but decided about two years ago that he didn’t believe in God anymore. This hurt me pretty badly because before this, we both had a passion for the Catholic faith. He is not anti-Catholic, but he is so sure that he is right. We have discussions about God sometimes and I always come here to find answers too.

“Many times over I was ready to give up and leave, and many times over, God, in his infinite wisdom, gave me the courage and strength to keep trying.”

“For two years I’ve waited, begged, and prayed while on my knees crying and always hoping for this day but never really knowing how wonderful it would be for both he and I.”

exactly. It’s almost like you are telling my story (without the conversion part…:frowning: ).

Thank you for sharing this…it has given me some hope.

What a wonderful story—thanks for sharing and may God continue to bless you both.

Well, if you end up getting married, he should also be involved in the finance part, too. :slight_smile:

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/juancpath/wedding/DSC_0180.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/juancpath/wedding/DSC_0184.jpg

We got married August 2009.

Awesome....and God bless.

Awesome!
And I have to echo your sentiments.
It’s funny…my husband has a PhD in molecular biology. So, whenever, someone asks a question biology related, I whip out my cell phone and say ‘Lemme call Google. He’ll know’ and everyone looks at me like ‘You can DO that?’ and I’m like ‘Of course!’

Same goes for this website.
Someone asks something about Catholic teaching, or scripture or anything theology related and I’m like ‘Lemme just drop a line to the Pope. He’ll get back to me by tomorrow’ and sure enough, the next day, there’s like ten responses to my email, many with aspects of an answer that would have NEVER even CROSSED my mind.

I’m SO grateful there are SO many learned people on this website.
To be fair, too, I think, most often, non-Catholics post GREAT questions and offer great points of view, too. So, I have to say, I really appreciate their presence on here. It makes me a richer person all around!

[quote="luv_n_christ, post:1, topic:105818"]
Hi All

This is officially my first posting on this forum, but I have been following this section closely for over a year now. I don't know if this is the appropriate topic to post in this section but I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you. The abundant knowledge and conviction that has been displayed here has worked wonders in my life. Let me explain why I am in tears as I write this post. My boyfriend of 2 years was raised Catholic but left the Church to embraced what he believed to be a more concrete explanation for our existence, i. e. atheism. When I meant him, he was already an atheist and very anti-Catholic. He hated everything the Church stood for and blamed her for every imaginable wrong. Many times over I was ready to give up and leave, and many times over, God, in his infinite wisdom, gave me the courage and strength to keep trying. For two years, he fought me every step of the way. Each time he had a question that was too difficult for me to answer; I came onto this form and would find my way to this section. And each time, I found an answer. To make a long story short, just yesterday, while alone at home he experienced God. In his own words, “I don’t need anyone to convince me anymore, I just know it”. For two years I’ve waited, begged, and prayed while on my knees crying and always hoping for this day but never really knowing how wonderful it would be for both he and I. I know we must take it one day at a time, but he is finally ready to start his journey home. Thank you all and may our Lord bless you as He has obviously blessed me.

[/quote]

Praise be to God for this blessing! You should pat your self on the back for continuing to witness for him and putting him squarly back on the path to salvation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.