This apologist needs help!

Here’s the thread:

dakebibleboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=799

I don’t know who patrissimo is but he/she is doing a fine job over there standing up for Catholicism in the face of all the usual arguments and utterly closed minds about Catholicism and a few far more sensible and reasonable ones.

I haven’t got time atm to give any help. Any takers?

I’d better add to this - of course the thread title is misleading. The apologist doesn’t NEED help at all - for he is doing a wonderful job defending the faith.

But please pray for the folks at the Dake Bible Board and for the work patrissimo is doing. If God inspires you to post there too then do so, if not then please pray for them.

Omigosh…where to start…
Yes, I will surely pray for these people. It sounds to me like they are some kind of a weird cult themselves. I have never heard such:mad: hate from the mouth of someone calling himself a pastor! (Not even on most other anti Catholic sites…)
Are we supposed to believe that this person is actually named “Pastor Leon Bible”…I mean, a handle is a handle, but he signs himself “Pastor Bible”…
Very seriously, these folks do need :gopray: praying for, & I think that this so-called pastor is in need of an :gopray:extra portion. He sounds, IMHO, demonic. :twocents:

I’d better explain - Leon Bible really is his real name, the one given when he was born. He is the pastor of a church and so can sign himself Pastor Bible.

Ah well, we must remember that we had a Cardinal Sin.

Too late! That thread about Catholicism have been removed by the moderator.

dakebibleboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=810

Oh well, keep on praying. And bear in mind that the people on the board are sincerely trying their utmost to serve Jesus and I know the prayer lives of some of them would put most of our prayer lives to total shame.

:gopray: :gopray: :gopray: …

Patrismo did a better job than I would have at keeping her cool…when people insult my mother I tend to lose my charitable side. :wink:

[quote=E.E.N.S.]Patrismo did a better job than I would have at keeping her cool…when people insult my mother I tend to lose my charitable side. :wink:
[/quote]

Yes , I can not stand it when people make fun of my mother, I am new to debate, so I will get use to it when I debate more. I just know the truth about Mary and that makes me happy. :smiley:

[quote=asteroid]Here’s the thread:

dakebibleboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=799

I don’t know who patrissimo is but he/she is doing a fine job over there standing up for Catholicism in the face of all the usual arguments and utterly closed minds about Catholicism and a few far more sensible and reasonable ones.

I haven’t got time atm to give any help. Any takers?
[/quote]

I’ve gone in :), to help out a bit, I hope. There seem to be plenty of CC-related threads still on the go

What is a “dake Bible”? Did they delete more books then Luther or change more verses then the NIV, etc…? What makes the “Dake Bible” stand out from the rest or is just one small groups version of the Bible?

[quote=Malachi4U]What is a “dake Bible”? Did they delete more books then Luther or change more verses then the NIV, etc…? What makes the “Dake Bible” stand out from the rest or is just one small groups version of the Bible?
[/quote]

“Dake’s Annotated Bible” is one of many n-C Bibles. Here’s a Google Search on it that may help some.

Other n-C Bibles are “The Thompson Chain Reference Bible”, which is very popular. This one chain refrences passages on different topics for study. There are others of course, & new ones coming out all the time.

Oh yeah…don’t forget The Companion Bible

Another well known n-C tool is the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, which is hooked to the KJV, though I think there’s also one for at least one other translation so far.

Funny thing is that most the folks who use these tools will right quick tell you that they follow only the word of God and not the teachings of men…
Pax vobiscum,

[quote=D Quintero]Yes , I can not stand it when people make fun of my mother, I am new to debate, so I will get use to it when I debate more. I just know the truth about Mary and that makes me happy. :smiley:
[/quote]

It certainly should :smiley: :smiley:

Have you seen the trhread about her for posting prayers, pictures, & so on :slight_smile: ? ##

The Dake Study Bible is a King James Bible with copious, copious study notes by Rev. Dake who I believe (though I disagree with him on quite a few things) was a good man steadfast in the teaching and study of scripture and in prayer. Dake also wrote a number of other books that describe his views more systematically. “God’s Plan For Man” is the biggie - a book I never managed to finish.

Basically Dake’s views on Biblical interpretation start from the standpoint that everything in scripture (except Jn6!) must be taken literally unless that is impossible. From that standpoint nearly everything Dake says is completely correct.

However as Catholics we don’t start from that standpoint and so we and Dake don’t see eye to eye on the meaning of scripture. And of course for Dake, scripture is the sole authority so we disagree about lots of things related to that. There’s other things we disagree about too.

In pre-Catholic days I got into the Dake Bible, while rejecting some of his ideas. In preparing Bible studies for groups it was wonderful and many of the notes challenged one to live uncompromisingly for Jesus - he doesn’t teach OSAS so you actually have to do something rather than just sit back for a free ride!

Even now I find that if I want to know what the Bible says on a subject the index in that study Bible is an extremely useful tool and some of his notes are fantastic. I only wish there was a Catholic Study Bible with as many notes, discussions (and as good an index) as that Bible - and still be available cheaply. My hardback Dake Bible was $20 brand new. I’ve also got the Dake software on this computer containing all his works - bought very cheaply (and extremely luckily) on Ebay.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.