This is awesome and funny!

I have to laugh!

Remember how I felt God calling me to the religious life or considering perhaps maybe? Well, I have been thinking about this since around the middle of February of this year. I was afraid to even tell my parents about it because I didn’t know how they would react to it. So about a month ago or so I prayed that IF I was being called that my parents would understand or they would even think about it for me as well.

Well, last night I was heading for the bathroom to brush my teeth in my apartment when the phone rang and ya know, it was around 9:30pm…unusual time for calls. I answered it and it was my mom and the first thing she said after I said “hello” was, “Would you ever be a nun?” My jaw dropped and I didn’t know what to say! I just muttered, “Um…yeah, sure, why not?” I think she said, “Well, would you?” I told her that I was considering it, relaxing that my mom knew it was maybe a good idea! Whew! See? Somehow, God heard my prayers!!

I kinda laughed and asked her what made her think of this? She just said something like ,“oh, I was watching something on TV and there happened to be a convent and I thought of you if you would be one”. My I was soooooo surprised that she even said something like that!

And to make things more interesting, there is a convent I think on the EXACT same road I live on!
What do you guys think? Is that coincidence or what?

[quote=Paris Blues]I have to laugh!
[/quote]

Cool :thumbsup:

…put me down as impressed… good luck…

if you going to be a nun…DONT FORGET TO PRAY FOR YOUR BUDDIES HERE. OK???

You gave me chills! I guess you could say you literally “heard the call”! :smiley:

You have a call, no matter what anyone tells you. Many saints were called before they were even baptized (all of the Apostles being part of that crowd.)

Awesome things happen to awesome people. Love ya, kiddo!!

Paris, that is so awesome!

I wish God would be that direct with me…but at the same time, even when he is direct I still question him and ask him to hit me with a 2x4. He usually does and then I wonder why I’m crying.

Don’t be like me. You have been given a blessing!

Please don’t forget us, please pray for us all here…and keep us updated on your journey!

JCP

Great news! Just remember where God is concerned, there is no coincidence! He didn’t just "happen " to hear your prayers, He put the desire in your heart in the first place! Now that He knows you are obedient to His will, you need to get ready for a really wild ride!

:dancing::clapping::blessyou:

JohnDee

How wonderful! I enjoy your posts so much, but I don’t recall you mentioning that you wanted to be a nun. That is great! As far as your mom is concerned, the Holy Spirit was doing all the work for you, isn’t that amazing? If I had come to the faith earlier in my life, I think that I would have been attracted toward becoming a nun.

Great story

Sometimes things are a coincidence
And sometimes things are God giving you a little whack on the head to get you attention

Good luck exploring your call

Just don’t become one of those mean, ruler wielding nuns like we had when I was a kid :wink:

[quote=JohnDee]Great news! Just remember where God is concerned, there is no coincidence! He didn’t just "happen " to hear your prayers, He put the desire in your heart in the first place! Now that He knows you are obedient to His will, you need to get ready for a really wild ride!

:dancing::clapping::blessyou:

JohnDee
[/quote]

Wait a second! So it was the Holy Spirit Who put the desire within me? If that’s the case, that’s so awesome because you know, when I was pursuing Catholicism, sure, I saw Mother Angelica and her nuns on TV, etc. but never really thought about actually becoming one until one evening back in February when I was in bed praying, I suddenly felt this Presence and I KNEW it was Christ…either that or Mary. I knew that Something was in my apartment speaking to me…! But I could sense that I was being told that Chirst loves me and than, I suddenly could sense something saying “you should in the religious life…”…I guess it’s kinda like your intuition but we’re talking supernatural! It’s hard to explain. Has anyone experienced something like that? But ever since I experienced that, I’ve been praying, “Are You calling me to the religious life Lord?” and “If so, please give me a bigger desire to!” and “if not, please let me ignore it” something like that as well as having a desire to please our Lord and serve Him.

I will pray for you ALL here! You guys are my brothers and sisters and love you in Christ!:smiley:

Yes, the desire to consecrate your life to God is from the HS. How wonderful that the Lord would want you as His Spouse…praise be His Holy Name!

Christ is risen…truly he is risen!
Shoshana

…i knew you were special!

http://www.zeuscomics.com/images/covers/space-ghost-3.jpg

[quote=Paris Blues]Wait a second! So it was the Holy Spirit Who put the desire within me? If that’s the case, that’s so awesome because you know, when I was pursuing Catholicism, sure, I saw Mother Angelica and her nuns on TV, etc. but never really thought about actually becoming one until one evening back in February when I was in bed praying, I suddenly felt this Presence and I KNEW it was Christ…either that or Mary. I knew that Something was in my apartment speaking to me…! But I could sense that I was being told that Chirst loves me and than, I suddenly could sense something saying “you should in the religious life…”…I guess it’s kinda like your intuition but we’re talking supernatural! It’s hard to explain. Has anyone experienced something like that? But ever since I experienced that, I’ve been praying, “Are You calling me to the religious life Lord?” and “If so, please give me a bigger desire to!” and “if not, please let me ignore it” something like that as well as having a desire to please our Lord and serve Him.

I will pray for you ALL here! You guys are my brothers and sisters and love you in Christ!:smiley:

[/quote]

How beautiful! I am sending you a great big cyber hug.:smiley:

I had to laugh when my mom told me that she did not want to ask me that…she told me that she thought about me being a religious before and didn’t know if she should ask me about it. I asked her how long she had that thought and to my surprise, she told me a few months! She and I had thought about it the exact amount of months around the same time yet we were both afraid to mention it to eachother! Funny what our Lord does!:smiley:

I just realized that if I am being called, I also got to have a HUGE devotion toward Mary! That’s gonna take some time!:stuck_out_tongue:

Paris,

:wave: Read your story here, and unfortunately, I haven’t gotten to know you as others have (by your posts). However, reading your story brought tears to me eyes. Married now with kids there’s no way I would ever be able to become a nun. Yes, I know that sounds pretty silly…some may ask, why even think about it? Well, I had a complete turn around several years ago now, and believe me, I thought about it in the sense that if I wasn’t married and had a family, I’d certainly consider placing my life before my Lord and giving Him all I had. I had that sense of excitement, that wonderful, devotional feeling of saying ‘yes’ to God. Yet, God has given me a life where I am needed…my life is my husband and my children. He will use me for that, and has. I am blessed. You, my friend, are truly blessed to have heard the calling. I will pray for you and your journey ahead. God will show you the way, let not your heart be troubled. Keep your heart open, yours ears open, and your mind clear to listen always to the Holy Spirit.

God Bless you! :bowdown2:

[quote=betrublu2Him]Paris,

:wave: Read your story here, and unfortunately, I haven’t gotten to know you as others have (by your posts). However, reading your story brought tears to me eyes. Married now with kids there’s no way I would ever be able to become a nun. Yes, I know that sounds pretty silly…some may ask, why even think about it? Well, I had a complete turn around several years ago now, and believe me, I thought about it in the sense that if I wasn’t married and had a family, I’d certainly consider placing my life before my Lord and giving Him all I had. I had that sense of excitement, that wonderful, devotional feeling of saying ‘yes’ to God. Yet, God has given me a life where I am needed…my life is my husband and my children. He will use me for that, and has. I am blessed. You, my friend, are truly blessed to have heard the calling. I will pray for you and your journey ahead. God will show you the way, let not your heart be troubled. Keep your heart open, yours ears open, and your mind clear to listen always to the Holy Spirit.

God Bless you! :bowdown2:
[/quote]

Yes, people have given me the Bible passage (don’t have a Bible with me and forgot where!) about where it says something like “when the Lord calls, don’t harden your hearts…” something like that!
I didn’t mean to make anyone cry!:frowning:

[quote=Paris Blues]Yes, people have given me the Bible passage (don’t have a Bible with me and forgot where!) about where it says something like “when the Lord calls, don’t harden your hearts…” something like that!
I didn’t mean to make anyone cry!:frowning:
[/quote]

Don’t apologize for making some of us cry. These are tears of joy!! :blessyou:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.