This is embarrassing

During work I went to use the restroom, and I felt like I had a lot of toilet tissue in the toilet and was thinking to flush and then keep wiping after but I didn’t , and maybe it was because there was another person in the restroom and I didn’t want to flush and then still be in the stall. Then at another point I don’t know if I subconsciously or purposely was doing it to see if it would not flush. Well anyway, it didn’t flush all the way. I tried to flush it again but it didnt all go down. I didn’t want to keep flushing in case in would flood, but was my thought a sin if I wanted to purposely see if it would not flush or flood?

No, I don’t think so.

Do you have an issue scrupulosity? If so, you should speak to your pastor. That would be much more helpful.

I saw this posted by another forum member the 10 commandments for the scrupulous.
You might find it helpful, especially #9 and #10.

God bless you.

Not so much a sin. I wouldn’t want you to get too occupied by that obsession. However, public washrooms have to be cleaned by our brothers and sisters (that is, neighbours) and I try to leave them in the same condition I leave my own.

I agree with the above posters about scrupulosity.

Let it go.

Peace.

Catholic Answers Forum actually has an OCD/Scrupulosity group forum, as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.