THIS IS WAR: ANOTHER Holy Communion wafer blessed by Pope John Paul II

HOLA DE NUEVO:

THIS IS WAR!!! ANOTHER EUCHARIST FOR SALE ON EBAY
HERE IS THE LINK:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1447&item=6171703649&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
a clooser look at the price tell me this must be a joke i will keep an eye on thigs

sorry but we are losing this war the seller ITS A CATHOLIC!!! what can we do???’

[quote=miguel delgado]HOLA DE NUEVO:

HERE IS THE LINK:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1447&item=6171703649&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
a clooser look at the price tell me this must be a joke i will keep an eye on thigs
[/quote]

eBay has refused to ban this practice. As far as they are concerned they see nothing wrong with it.

I would tell the people at ebay to take a long walk off a short pier. The other auctiuon sites are not offering communion wafers. We should use them. There is a thread about alternatived to ebay at: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=50720

Yeah, another “devout” Catholic, my sainted Aunt Fanny.

These “devout” Catholics are pitably blind, deluded fools if they ever had the gall or impudence to think that they should “hang on to” a blessed Communion host just because of “who” blessed it.

Catholic teaching? Not by a LONGSHOT. An individual Catholic blinded by pride, avarice, even genuine but misplaced piety? Far more likely.

If so devout, such a person should be immediately approached by his/her bishop and requested to remove the item from auction and to have the appropriate action taken. Far greater a reward will await them for doing the right thing. If this is a person not the original owner, again, should be approached by the bishop and given instruction regarding the true and exact nature of the Host. If necessary, shouldn’t the bishop purchase the Host? I would GLADLY contribute more in my weekly envelope to help defray the costs.

P.S. As far as boycotting eBay, you betcha. I am there. I will NEVER use their site so long as this sort of behavior is allowed, nor will any of my family or friends.

At ebay the seller says his MOTHER was a Catholic and that she got it. I don’t believe it though. What Catholic would do that? Furthermore, on ebay he/she discribes the HOST as a WAFER. EEEEEK! It makes my skin crawl! The English is very choppy and I don’t believe it for a minute that it is a consecrated host. I can’t imagine any son of a Catholic mother (who had recieved communion that was consecrated by John Paul 2) would call the sacrament a WAFER and have it to sell. It’s just too fishy and lame to me. But I’m curious as to what others think that have gone to investigate the sale.

We can only hope that someone this immoral and /or ignorant would be lying and they somehow aquired unconsecrated hosts… one can only hope this is the case. This makes me ill. How dare Ebay be so disrespectful to over a billion Catholic on Earth, not to mention Jesus Christ,and countless saints and angels in heaven. My guess would be those in charge are not Christian. I would hope that any non-Catholic Christian would have enough respect to disallow this.

"They stare and gloat over me; they divide my clothes among themselves, and for my clothing they cast lots."
Psalm 22:18

This time it isn’t just His clothes, but the Body, Blood Soul and divinity of Christ, Himself.

We need to be praying hard for this to stop.

[quote=miguel delgado]HOLA DE NUEVO:

HERE IS THE LINK:
[/quote]

i forgot to tell you: there was another seller who pull out the eucharist from sell because of hate mail ( good idea) too bad i dont reccall that link, another plan (for an american because of my english) is to write and tell them to ban those sellers and buyers (did you see the price its up to 9,000,000 this must be a joke and WE CATHOLICS can use that as an adventage ANY IDEAS???

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that I'm not Catholic, but I find Ebay's actions despicable.  I signed the petition, and I'm not going to deal with Ebay anymore unless they stop doing this.  It's immoral to belittle someone's religious beliefs in such a blatant, belittlling manner.  They're just trying to make a quick buck of the death of Pope John Paul II.

11330 Signatures Total
I just signed the petition
www.petitiononline.com

Currently EWTN Radio is broadcasting a program, and the radio host is talking about this issue now. He announced the petition site On The AIr!

The numbers should FLY HIGH after this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.