This is why 'Im going to Africa,,

fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/01/06/al-qaeda-linked-terrorists-targetting-christians-turning-nigeria-into-cauldron-of-religious-strife/

From the news article:

Long tormented by division and disunity, with 350 ethnic groups speaking 250 languages, Nigeria is rapidly becoming a cauldron of religious and ethnic strife on a continent that has just begun to experience the full impact of Islamist radicalism.

I apologize if you have discussed your vocation here and I have missed it, but what are you planning on doing there? Are you planning on going to Nigeria, specifically? IF so, are you or your family originally from that country?

I am friends with a priest from Nigeria---felt so bad for the folks there. They definitely need all our prayers....and al quada---yikes!!!! Another perspective terror base---definitely another concern for homeland security......:eek::eek::eek:

Naw. I’m from a country called Texas. I know some seminarians from the Sheol regions, but they won’t go back bc they know the dangers.

[quote="DasErlibnis, post:4, topic:269309"]
Naw. I'm from a country called Texas. I know some seminarians from the Sheol regions, but they won't go back bc they know the dangers.

[/quote]

It sounds like a dangerous place, and perhaps an especially difficult place for an outsider (particularly an American.)

What were you planning on doing there?

THAT its dangerous and difficult is the reason I am going. Physically, not everyone can go, but I can, so I am. To feed the orphans of war. And provide shelter for refugees. And hopefully a safe presence.

[quote="DasErlibnis, post:6, topic:269309"]
THAT its dangerous and difficult is the reason I am going. Physically, not everyone can go, but I can, so I am. To feed the orphans of war. And provide shelter for refugees. And hopefully a safe presence.

[/quote]

God bless you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.