This just in! Universe Shouldn't Exist, says scientists

Excerpts from the article:

"Modeling of conditions soon after the Big Bang suggests the universe should have collapsed just microseconds after its explosive birth, the new study suggests…That means we have to extend our theories to explain why this didn’t happen…What they found was bad news for, well, everything. The newborn universe should have experienced an intense jittering in the energy field, known as quantum fluctuation. Those jitters, in turn, could have disrupted the Higgs field, in essence rolling the entire system into a much lower energy state that would make the collapse of the universe inevitable."

Looks like God is still the best explanation. :smiley:

news.yahoo.com/universe-shouldnt-according-higgs-physics-220219618.html?bcmt=comments-postbox

It’s always disconcerting when quantum fluctuations do not disrupt the Higgs field sufficiently to collapse the universe. Must be a quantum bug.

Scientists aren’t all knowing. I don’t know why people think they are

Hehe

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, “God, we’ve decided that we no longer need you. We’re to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don’t you just go on and get lost.”

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, “Very well, how about this, let’s say we have a man making contest.” To which the scientist replied, “OK, great!”

But God added, “Now, we’re going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam.”

The scientist said, “Sure, no problem” and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, “No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!”

Mind you, I have nothing against science. But this is still funny.

:rotfl:

Yes, our very existence is literally a miracle. It requires the direct action of God at some point in the last 14 billion years, plus all those direct interventions to individually create every human soul.

Who else could make something that still works after all that time? Hint, not General Motors.:smiley:

There you have it, we don’t really exist. Just figments of some else’s imagination.

Ho, ho, he, he. Just have a few people on this forum this was written for. I guess I shouldn’t mention names, but I’m sure you know them as well.

Linus2nd

Ho, ho, he, he. Just have a few people on this forum this was written for. I guess I shouldn’t mention names, but I’m sure you know them as well.

Where did you get that?

Linus2nd

Did you ever watch the “B” movie “Mantis”? Musta been a really BIG bug like that one. I have never believed in the Big Bang, or disbelieved it, either. I have always considered the theory a guess. So now, I suppose it’s back to the drawing board. :hmmm:

I can’t help but feeling that there’s limited value in denigrating science with an article citing scientific research.

The Big Bang Theory has long been rejected. No matter. God is limitless, while scientist–not so much.

I do believe the more they try to prove God does not exist, the more they succeed at proving He does.

Truth is with God and with faithful Catholics.

The Big Bang is actually 100% true. God said “Let there be light” and BANG … The universe came into existence! That was the Big Bang, which was first theorized by a Catholic Priest BTW. :smiley:

I do believe the more they try to prove God does not exist, the more they succeed at proving He does.

I agree with this statement 100%… The more we learn about how complex and amazing both the universe and physics are, the more we see God’s design.

Yeap… God’s imagination :thumbsup:

Classic God-of-the-gaps, you say…

This is very interesting. Wonder what they will find out as they keep investigating?!!?

This is just silly, uncritical gloating over something which has nothing to do with our faith. The problem with scientism is that it oversteps its domain into matters of faith. But overstepping the bounds of faith into matters of science is just as folly.

Just because the natural progression of the big bang is unexplained doesn’t mean its divine intervention or unexplainable. The only necessary direct divine intervention is the actual moment of creation, not anything that happened after, which should fall well into the realm of the natural sciences.

I don’t understand what’s going on here, either. Scientists have a piece of information that they cannot explain… therefore, science is useless… therefore, Jesus? Or something like that. While they use an instantaneous world-wide communication network developed by… science? :confused:

Jesus Christ and His miracles were a necessary intervention.

Peace,
Ed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.