This really scared me; can you help?

I found quotes from Saints about who will get heaven and it has really scared me. Will many of us never see God? I’m so worried

‘Lord, are they few that are saved? But he said to them: Strive to enter by the narrow gate; for many, I say to you, shall seek to enter, and shall not be able.’
Luke 13:23-24

‘For many are called, but few chosen.’
Mark 20:16

‘The saved are few, but we must live with the few if we would be saved with the few. O God, too few indeed they are: yet amongst those few I wish to be!’
St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori, Doctor of the Church

‘If you would be quite sure of your salvation, strive to be among the fewest of the few. Do not follow the majority of mankind, but follow those who renounce the world and never relax their efforts day or night so that they may attain everlasting blessedness.’
St. Anselm, Doctor of the Church

‘A multitude of souls fall into the depths of Hell, and it is of the faith that all who die in mortal sin are condemned for ever and ever. According to statistics, approximately 80,000 persons die every day. How many of these will die in mortal sin, and how many will be condemned! For, as their lives have been, so also will be their end.’
St. Anthony Mary Claret

‘Not all, nor even a majority, are saved. . . They are indeed many, if regarded by themselves, but they are few in comparison with the far larger number of those who shall be punished with the devil.’
St. Augustine, Doctor and Father of the Church

‘As a man lives, so shall he die.’

‘Meditate on the horrors of Hell which will last for eternity because of one easily-committed mortal sin. Try hard to be among the few who are chosen. Think of the eternal flames of Hell, and how few there are that are saved.’
St. Benedict Joseph Labre

‘A great number of Christians are lost.’
St. Leonard of Port Maurice

‘What do you think? How many of the inhabitants of this city may perhaps be saved? What I am about to tell you is very terrible, yet I will not conceal it from you. Out of this thickly populated city with its thousands of inhabitants not one hundred people will be saved. I even doubt whether there will be as many as that!’
St. John Chrysostom, Doctor and Father of the Church

‘The greater part of men will set no value on the blood of Christ, and will go on offending Him.’
St. Isidore of Seville, Doctor and Father of the Church

‘So many people are going to die, and almost all of them are going to Hell! So many people falling into hell!’
Bl. Jacinta of Fatima

“The number of the saved is as few as the number of grapes left after the vinepickers have passed.”
St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars, Patron Saint of Parish Priests

‘They who are to be saved as Saints, and wish to be saved as imperfect souls, shall not be saved.’
Pope St. Gregory the Great, Doctor and Father of the Church

‘Only a small number of souls achieve perfect love.’
St. John of the Cross, Doctor of the Church

‘It is certain that few are saved.’

‘Many begin well, but there are few who persevere.’
St. Jerome, Doctor and Father of the Church

‘I do not speak rashly, but as I feel and think. I do not think that many bishops are saved, but that those who perish are far more numerous.’
St. John Chrysostom, Doctor and Father of the Church

‘The Apostle commands us to rejoice, but in the Lord, not in the world. For, you see, as Scripture says, whoever wishes to be a friend of this world will be counted as God’s enemy. Just as a man cannot serve two masters, so too no-one can rejoice both in the world and in the Lord.’

‘Live with the few if you want to reign with the few.’
St. John Climacus, Father of the Church

‘Get out of the filth of the horrible torrent of this world, the torrent of thorns that is whirling you into the abyss of eternal perdition. . . This torrent is the world, which resembles an impetuous torrent, full of garbage and evil odours, making a lot of noise but flowing swiftly passed, dragging the majority of men into the pit of perdition.’
St. John Eudes

‘Take care not to resemble the multitude whose knowledge of God’s will only condemns them to more severe punishment.’
St. John of Avila

‘Notwithstanding assurances that God did not create any man for Hell, and that He wishes all men to be saved, it remains equally true that only few will be saved; that only few will go to Heaven; and that the greater part of mankind will be lost forever.’
St. John Neumann

‘The majority of men shall not see God, excepting those who live justly, purified by righteousness and by every other virtue.’
St. Justin Martyr, Father of the Church

‘And how very small is the kingdom of Jesus Christ! So many nations have never had the faith!’
St. Peter Julian Eymard

‘It is certain that we absolutely require the divine assistance, in order to overcome temptations. . . Whoever prays obtains this grace; but whoever prays not, obtains it not, and is lost. And this is more especially the case with regard to the grace of final perseverance, of dying in the grace of God, which is the grace absolutely necessary for our salvation, and without which we should be lost forever. St. Augustine says of this grace, that God only bestows it on those who pray. And this is the reason why so few are saved, because few indeed are mindful to beg of God this grace of perseverance.’
St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori, Doctor of the Church

‘Among adults there are few saved because of sins of the flesh.’
St. Regimius of Rheims

saintsquotes.net/Selection%20-%20Fewness.html

Dear friend,

Those quotes are for those who don’t care about God. If you care about Him, you have no reason to worry and fear. Our Blessed Lord deliberately became man, suffered and died that we might spend eternity with Him–not that we go to hell.

St. John reminds us that love conquers fear. Just focus on a crucifix each day and reflect on how much He loves you. Tell Him daily that you trust His love and mercy. Ask Him for the strength to remain faithful to Him. Our life here on earth is not all about us and our avoiding hell; it is all about Him and responding to His love for us.

Rather than obsess on hell as you obviously are doing; focus on Him and you will spend eternity with Him. This is what He created you for. You have one foot in heaven already if you want to love Him.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.