This saying is hard. Who can hear it?

**6:51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven. **

6:52. If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.

6:53. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying: How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

6:54. Then **Jesus said **to them: Amen, amen, I say unto you: except you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.

6:55. He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.

**6:56. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. **

6:57. **He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me: and I in him. **

6:58. As the living Father hath sent me and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me.

6**:59. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna and are dead. He that eateth this bread shall live for ever. **

6:60. These things he said, teaching in the synagogue, in Capharnaum.

**6:61. Many therefore of his disciples, hearing it, said: This saying is hard; and who can hear it? **

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.