Those presenting to the California State Supreme Court on behalf of Traditional Mariage

My Brothers & Sisters:

Starting at 9 am PST TODAY Oral Arguments are being presented to the California State Supreme Court on whether Proposition 8 is Constitutional and should become law… The opponents of Proposition 8 claim the voters of the State of California made a fundamental change to the Constitution of the State of California which requires a completely different process than that for simply amending the Constitution, one which we, as voters, aren’t legally empowered to do. Of course, we, and those arguing on our behalf, claim that Proposition 8 did not make a fundamental change to the Constitution of the State of California, and that the one’s who made the change were the 4 justices of the California State Supreme court who overturned the State’s ban on “Same-Sex” Marriage (Proposition 22) in May, 2008.

As most of you know, the opposition to Proposition 8 and its supporters has been virulent and, sometimes, downright hateful. Those who support “Gay Marriage” have displayed NONE of the tolerance they’ve so often demanded of others. Because of that, and because of the need to preserve Traditional Marriage in society, I’m going to beg you to pray for 2 things - 1) That those presenting in defense of Proposition 8 (The Respondents - the California State A.G. refused to defend the law we passed) persuade the Justices of the State Supreme Court that Proposition 8 is “Constitutional”, makes NO fundamental change to the California State Constitution, that the voters were well empowered by the State Constitution to AMEND the Constitution in “this Manner and Fashion”, and that this NEVER required the process envisioned by the opponents of Proposition 8; 2) That those who have so vehemently opposed Proposition 8 and have so strongly supported “gay marriage” would accept a Decision that declared Proposition 8 to be Constitutional, that God would soften their hearts so they would live in peace with their neighbors who supported Proposition 8, and that God would so soften their hearts that they would hear and accept His Gospel, reprnt of their sins and inherit eternal life.

Thank you.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

GrlFreedy, Donkey & Xyneshia:

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep this in your prayers - The California State Supreme Court has 90 Days to publish its Decision.

May God richly bless you.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

Yes, Michael

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

SAINT Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

SANCTE Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae caelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute, in infernum detrude. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

How can I participate in these arguments? As a Californian, I am tired of the tug-of-war that’s been going on for years about marriage. I know I probably won’t make a difference, but still, how can I voice my opinion before the Supreme Court, just as I voiced my opinion when I voted?

Our God it was You who created man and woman and established Marriage.
Please protect what You made sacred.

The sexual difference is for the propagation of children.

Jesus did not say, a man must leave his parents and cling to another man and become one with another man,
said, “Have you not read that from the beginning, the creator made them male and female and this is why a man must leave father and mother, and cling to his wife, and the two become one body? They are no longer two, therefore, but one body. So, then, what God has united, man must not divide.” [Matthew 19:4-6]

Right from the beginning, God said in Genesis 2:24 says, “A man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.”

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done
on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

SAINT Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

May the Holy Spirit guide them during this time of testing of our morality. May those legislators and judiciaries be open to the wisdom only God can provide. We ask all these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.