Thoughts on suffering

Hello, dear friends in Christ. I have had alot of people in my life losing loved ones as of late. Some from terminal illness and some from accidental death. it is so hard to see the people we love suffering. I just pray for them constantly that they will be given the strength and endurance to persevere in their suffering. I also pray that they will give their suffering to Christ and lay it down at the foot of the Cross where he suffered and died for us. It is so much easier to endure the pain in this life if we can only embrace it with love and thanksgiving. It takes time to be able to do this but the peace attained makes any suffering precious to behold!
Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me enough to share in your suffering by enduring and embracing my own. Praise and glory to the Eucharistic heart of Jesus!:signofcross::hug3:

Amen to your prayer.
May the Lord continue to bless you with insight and grace!

dear Francis,

thank you for your compassion! your prayer has inspired me and renewed my strength… now i shall take each bit of suffering and shame bravely for the glory of Christ my King!

i also pray that this encouragement finds its way to our brothers and sisters out there for whom the suffering is especially acute. may God grant them peace in His endless mercy.

Amen.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on suffering. I am going through a rough time in life and have found what you said about sharing in Christ’s sufferings to be a inspiration to me. Your attitude/beliefs about suffering has a large impact on how you react to suffering. My desire to keep Christ’s attitude has helped me.

God Bless,

Praying hard.

Praying for those who are morning and those who are suffering …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, may we always endure pain in this life by embracing it with love and thanksgiving. Grant us this most precious grace, Lord, and make us conformed into the image of your beloved Son. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.