Thousands of Christian Counselors Gather in Nashville to Discuss 'Epidemic' of Suicide in Church, Race and Refugees

Close to 7,000 Christian counselors and other mental health professionals have gathered for a three-day meeting in Nashville to discuss the “epidemic” of suicide in the church and other contentious issues, such as race and refugees.

“There is only one institution you’ll find in every community around the globe, and it is a place of worship. Faith matters when it comes to addressing mental health. Faith matters when it comes to racial reconciliation, and faith matters when it comes to the epidemic of suicide,” said Dr. Tim Clinton, president of the American Association of Christian Counselors on Thursday.

Read more at christianpost.com/news/thousands-of-christian-counselors-gather-in-nashville-to-discuss-epidemic-of-suicide-in-church-race-and-refugees-146181/#YiujlkAQyfSi358B.99

The Only time I thought about taking my life was when I beieved in once saved always saved at my evangelical church. There was 3 in 18 months at my old proteatant church I strongly Believe they where tied to the theology of once saved always saved

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.