Thousands of Dutch Prepare for 2012 Apocalypse, According to Report

Thousands of Dutch Prepare for 2012 Apocalypse, According to Report. At least, I got a good giggle out of it. :bounce:

Why are they stocking up on supplies if the world will be coming to an end?

That was my question! :shrug:

Like I have said, Relativism is a plague that renders its victim incapable of rational thought. Logic is foreign to them and they have to rely on their primal instincts.

I thought this had something to do with the peak oil die off movement.

Peak oil is your boogeyman Ribozyme, not everyone else’s.:wink:

I loved the comment by the gal who said that building more houses in the Netherlands would make the country sink and thus flood more easily. :dancing: A product, no doubt, of a free education. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

How the Mayans chose the date of the Apocalypse:

http://images.chron.com/apps/comics/images/2008/7/19/Argyle.43.g.gif

Although it is a joke, it probably has an air of truth to it. Just because their calendar ended in 2012 in our calendar, does not mean they thought it to be the end. Most likely that is when they stopped for some reason like famine, attach, disease, or just because they though of it as a good point to. :cool:

Amazing how a number of people take this 2012 thing seriously–it’s more like a bad science fiction novel that anyone who has enough sense will realize how impossible it is.

Well, does anyone else here remember 05/05/2000? That was the date all the planets in the solar system were in perfect alignment. There were supposed to be enormous earthquakes, tides, etc. Nada. :blush:

<><

Or all the hype about Y2K.

Nova on PBS did a little tribute to Isaac Newton and claimed Isaac calculated the year 2060 from his deciphering Bible passages. Well anyone to start a pool?

What have you got against free education?:confused:

Incidentally…

Finland, with an average of 563 score points, was the highest-performing country on the PISA 2006 science scale.
Six other high-scoring countries had mean scores of 530 to 542 points: Canada, Japan and New Zealand and the partner countries/economies Hong Kong-China, Chinese Taipei and Estonia. Australia, the Netherlands, Korea, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium and Ireland, and the partner countries/economies Liechtenstein, Slovenia and Macao-China also scored above the OECD average of 500 score points.

oecd.org/document/2/0,3343,en_32252351_32236191_39718850_1_1_1_1,00.html

THe Dutch are anything but dumb: why don’t you see just how your schools compare to the Netherlands’ according to the OECD/PISA study.

nces.ed.gov/pubs2008/2008016.pdf

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.