Thousands protest same-sex marriage in Mexico

Tens of thousands of people on Saturday took to the streets in Mexico to protest President Enrique Pena Nieto’s proposal to legalize same-sex marriage in the predominantly Catholic nation.

The protesters chanted slogans, including “Children need a father and a mother” and “Wake up and defend the family.”

In the central and southern states of Queretaro and Puebla, authorities estimated some 52,000 people joined in the demonstrations, including representatives of civil society organizations and members of various religious faiths.

m.dw.com/en/thousands-protest-same-sex-marriage-in-mexico/a-19542771

I am glad about that. I wasn’t aware of any protests where I am. I would like to go if there are any.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: wake up and defend the family!!!

Viva Familia!

How wonderful. Let us pray they have success…

Dear Lord, help your people wake up and defend the family. In Jesus’ name we pray.

Amen.

Que viva!

Viva Cristo Rey!

:smiley:

How unfortunate the organizers were not able to reach more persons who would have attended! Although too late now, the website of the organizers does have a listing of how many people participated in various cities.

frentenacional.mx/

I am not sure if Mexico City is convenient for you, but in two weeks (24 September) a large national rally is planned.

There is no point to SSM. No point.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.