Thread Display Options: "Last Post" & "Thread Start Time"

Problem:

In some Forums, especially “Prayer Intentions”, the newest threads are pushed off the first page so fast (in less then 10 minutes sometimes), that members visiting the Forum will miss the newer posts due to the barrage of old threads constantly coming up. :frowning:

There is a way to set the display options to avoid this and to see the newer posts.

Quick method :slight_smile: Not Perfect. (some forums will show “moved” threads at top, no views.)

Method #1: From the Prayer Intentions Forum page (or other Forum):

1. Click the Views header to sort the threads by # views. An arrow will appear next to Views.
  2. Click the arrow next to the Views header to switch the # views to lowest views first.

This will show the threads with the least number of views and likely the most recent posts.

To return to the original sort method, click the Last Post header.

Best method :thumbsup:

Method #2: From the Prayer Intentions Forum page (or other Forum):

Scroll the end of the first page to “Display Options”.

1. Set “Sorted By” to (Thread Start Time).
    Make sure the “Sort Order” is at (Descending).
  2. Set “From The” to (Last Month). or a different time frame.
  3. Click the “Show Threads” Button.

Now you have all the newest threads for that forum.

To return to the original sort method, click the Last Post header.

The Administrators may want to consider making a toggle button to switch between these two display options or add it to the Forum Tools menu. This thread could also be a forum Sticky, especially in the Prayer Intentions Forum. :shrug:

I need a red bull that gives me 10,000 wings so I can explode on Jupiter

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.