"Threat of world Aids pandemic among heterosexuals is over, report admits"

independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/health-news/threat-of-world-aids-pandemic-among-heterosexuals-is-over-report-admits-842478.html
"In the first official admission that the universal prevention strategy promoted by the major Aids organisations may have been misdirected, Kevin de Cock, the head of the WHO’s department of HIV/Aids said there will be no generalised epidemic of Aids in the heterosexual population outside Africa."

Comments from those who still think that AIDS is not mostly restricted to gay- and drug-culture + sexual licentiousness? Let me remind you that this is The Independent reporting on a publication from the World Health Organization. Anyone wanting to scream “bias” should seriously reconsider.

I found this interesting too: firstthings.com/article.php3?id_article=5240&var_recherche=aids

That is, First Things had an editorial in 1992 stating what took “experts” 16 years to admit. Score +1 for Catholic intellectuals.

In order to not end this post on too triumphalist a note, AIDS is still a huge problem and those who are most at-risk need a lot of attention. Those suffering from homosexuality need compassion, charity, and good advice. Those suffering from drug-addiction need treatment (and it’s questionable whether or not “clean needles” programs should be involved). And Africa needs attention, and a lot of it from Christian / Catholic charities. Money isn’t the solution; education in civilized-living is (PC faux pas), and so is circumsion apparently (see firstthings.com/article.php3?id_article=6172&var_recherche=aids as well as Independent article: 60% reduction!?).

God Bless,
Telemachus

“The impact of HIV is so heterogeneous. In the US , the rate of infection among men in Washington DC is well over 100 times higher than in North Dakota, the region with the lowest rate. That is in one country. How do you explain such differences?”

I’ve been both places. It’s no mystery to me.

It’s true. Homosexuality is a public health hazard. One more reason why gay marriage should never be allowed and why homosexual acts should be outlawed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.