'Threats of Rape and Strangling' Force D.C. McAllister Into Hiding After Anti-Abortion Tweet

Denise C. McAllister is a writer who contributes to various media sources, and is a pro-life speaker.

“‘At the root of [abortion] hysteria is women’s unhinged desire for irresponsible sex. Sex is their god. Abortion is their sacrament,’ McAllister tweeted.”

“McAllister told PJ Media that she received death and rape threats, over multiple forms of private communication.”

“‘They are threats outside of Twitter, stating they know where I live,’ McAllister said. ‘Threats of rape and strangling. I spoke to the police. I am on home watch.’”

“‘My children are very frightened,’ she added.”

“Due to threats against my life, my family is asking that I stay off social media until the situation is resolved. I don’t want to, but I need to respect their wishes at this time.”

This says a lot about some of the opposition.

I don’t see what was so controversial. She politely expressed an opinion. :man_shrugging:

It’s not the “right” opinion, I suppose.

Tolerant, so long as you completely agree with them.

The tolerant left.

Terrible. I hope one day we are not so divided culturally and politically. The division seems to be as bad as I ever remembered it being.

There are extremes on all sides.

No decent person, left or right, would threaten to rape or harm someone.

“At the root of [abortion] hysteria is women’s unhinged desire for irresponsible sex. Sex is their god. Abortion is their sacrament.”

Does it justify the horrific reactions? Absolutely not. Saying that abortion exists because women (but apparently not men?) are irresponsible sex maniacs is hardly what I call polite, though.

No…

Just true, in many cases.

Not polite but true. Yes men should be included too. Especially those that encourage a woman they got pregnant to kill the baby.

That women are irresponsible sex maniacs? Gee, thanks.

The reason for the vast majority of abortions is that people have sex when they are not prepared to make a baby. So yes they are irresponsible about who they have sex with/when they have sex.

And that automatically means one is unhinged?

According to the Guttmacher Institute, half the women who obtain abortions are living with their partner, with 14% being married.

Unhinged, no. Irresponsible yes.

I also said when they have sex. In addition to that I know of a case where a woman got pregnant to an abusive partner that she was living with. So yes, she should have been more careful about who she had sex with even living with him.

I’ve never heard of her until now. First impression is… :eyes:

Did she even have a choice?

She had enough freedom to get an abortion and convince him it was a miscarriage so I think she could have found a way out of the relationship before getting pregnant or been more careful about looking for red flags before moving in with him.

This sounds a lot like victim blaming.

More saying if there is so much as the slightest hint of abuse get away immediately and don’t look back.

Not everyone can.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.