Threats to deprive Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church of Legal Status

Please, we need to pray for the Ukraine so that democracy can reign free. The bullies in government need to be thrown out as they are now threatening the UGCC.

The Ministry of Culture of Ukraine in an official letter threatened to deprive religious organizations Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church of the legal status.

The reason for such a reaction of the Government is a religious activity, which is allegedly executed by “the representatives, in particular of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, on Independence Square in Kyiv during December of last year and in the new – 2014”.

The protests on Independence Square in Kyiv began after the Government’s Nov. 21 announcement that it would not sign a major economic partnership agreement with the European Union.

More information on the official website: news.ugcc.org.ua/en/news/_pre…tus_68849.html

Please support and share petition “Please protect the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church from deprivation of the legal status by the Ukrainian Government” - petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet…nment/ctPBmF08

God help the Ukrainians in fighting for their freedom, but most especially to protect their right to freedom of religion. God bless and protect the Church for supporting those seeking democracy.

I pray for your intentions! :gopray:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying for your intention for the people of Ukraine.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying for the Ukrainian people.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

For peace and democracy in the Ukraine:

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;

pray for us sinners,

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;

pray for us sinners,

Almighty and everlasting God,
who by a prodigy of Goodness
and a merciful desire
for the salvation of all men,
has appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael,
Prince of Thy Church,
make us worthy,
we beseech Thee,
to be delivered by his powerful protection
from all our enemies,
that none of them may harass us
at the hour of our death,
but that we may be conducted by him
into the august presence of Thy Divine Majesty.
This we beg through the merits of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;

pray for us sinners,

Praying for the people of Ukraine and the UGCC.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;

pray for us sinners,

pray for us sinners,

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;

pray for us sinners,

Please I’m asking that people pray for the Ukraine, things have gotten worse, we need more people praying, please join me in seeking God’s assistance to help these poor people. I’m posting this reply because I think it elucidates just how bad things are in the Ukraine:

Originally Posted by KyivAndrew View Post

Innocent young people killed by snipers. And you start off with bailouts in Spain? Unbelievable. The protests took the twist they did not because of the EU but, if you actually knew something about Ukraine’s situation, because Yanukovych’s Mafia Party in the Ukrainian Parliament known as the Party of Regions, in alliance with its natural immoral partner in Ukraine’s parliament, the Communist Party, in a matter of seconds, without debate and a formal vote, legislated an end to the right of assembly in Ukraine in effect. An end to right of assembly, all passed within some 15 seconds. I always assumed Seamus your hatred of the West would probably sometime place you ultimately on the same side of the barricades as the communists.

If in the US or Canada, the President or Prime Minister rammed through the legislature in the matter of 15 seconds a law banning any right of assembly with no vote or debate to speak of, we’d be up in arms. Moreover, if the President of the United States’ government in writing threatened to make the Roman Catholic Church ILLEGAL in the US, Catholics would be out in the streets if their houses of worship were to be outlawed. The percentage of practicing Roman Catholics in the US relevant to the population is probably akin to the percentage of Ukrainian Catholics in Ukraine. So Yanukovych threatens to make the Ukrainian Catholic Church illegal, and Seamus shows no concern. The Roman Catholic Church as well comes to the support of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and its bishop in Kharkiv tells President Yanukovych then outlaw us Roman Catholics too.

Where is Seamus’ wrath? Directed at the EU of course. Sometime ago I proposed to you Seamus if things are so bad in the West, then why don’t you move to Russia. You chuckled a bit but I find you geographically still posting from the belly of the beast. I’ll make you a bet Seamus. Move to Yanukovych’s home region in Ukraine of Donetsk for a month. By the time you realize how insanely immoral and corrupt the whole system is in there, I venture you’d be begging to come back home. Yanukovych is a Mafia thug, convicted of rape and assault in his younger years, and the head of Donetsk’s own brutal mafia regime. Oh he uses the Ukrainian Orthodox Church subject to Moscow to illustrate his morality, but he has innocent people killed and beaten up to a pulp. Check out who Tetanya Chornovol is.
euronews.com/2013/12/25/a…up-in-ukraine/

So after this fallacious vote on the right of assembly is taken, the Berkut militia in Ukraine (the successors to the Soviet Union’s OMON forces) on Yanukovych’s regime’s orders decides to storm the protestors in Kyiv who up until now have been peaceful. One segment responds with violence for violence, a group called Pravyi Sektor, some of whose members are provocateurs, with violence. It’s interesting because earlier on a similar subject you linked to a clip from RT showing Ukrainian anti-Yanukovych protestors riding a bulldozer into the Berkut lines. Guess who was behind that act - a party I think you once praised by the name of “Bratstvo” in Ukrainian. They had picture of the head of this party, Dmytro Korchynsky, on the bulldozer and Ukraine’s democratic opposition even pointed it out to Yanukovych. Do you think Yanukovych arrested Bratstvo or this Korchynsky fellow? Absolutely no. And do you know why Seamus? Because he and his party are on Yanukovych’s payroll to pose as his opposition. Korchynsky is still a free man whereas several innocent fellows have been arrested for that incident who had no dealings with it. But guess what? Korchynsky got to fill out his duty by making the protestors look like extremists and got the footage shown on RT on a loop to show how violent the protestors are. Mission accomplished.

This is an old trick of many modern day autocrats. Arrest legitimate reasonable opposition (Yulia Tymoshenko, Yuri Lutsenko) and pour millions into the coffers of the most extreme parties you can find to tarnish the opposition.

The protests now, if you are following them, are now about putting an end to Yanukovych’s autocratic brutal regime. The whole EU push was made to get any help from the West to have Ukraine become a nation of the rule of law, much like Poland its neigbour. Seamus, if you wish to defend a Mafia Don, Yanukovych, who lives in a mansion filled with exotic animals, a personal Yacht, gold-plated rooms in his mansion all at the public’s purse, a Mafia Don who threatens to make the Catholic Church illegal, a Mafia Don who has no problems seeing innocent young women butchered halfway to death for taking pictures of his mansion, a Mafia Don who shares the same immoral code as the Communists, a Mafia Don who orders Berkut troops (many against their conscience) to wreak havoc and reap the whirlwind, then my congratulations to you Seamus.

Much of the population have had enough. For the past several weeks they have been trying to convince the Berkut militia to quit following the thug Yanukovych’s orders and many have responded. The Berkut in several of Ukraine’s provinces have already asked their family to make human chains around their headquarters so they don’t have to beat people up for Yanukovych.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;

pray for us sinners,

For peace and for a bright future and for the spiritual health of the Ukrainian people who suffered tremendously in the 20th Century losing millions upon millions to Communism and to Nazism, and who are now undergoing a further trial. Father, let the 21st Century be the century in which Ukraine’s sad history finally gets behind it, and Ukrainians are allowed for once in their tragic history to live with the human dignity and liberty to which they all are entitled.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;

pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

The Rule of St. Pachomius

For peace and democracy in the Ukraine

The translation used is primarily that of Fr. Lawrence of Jordanville. This order was given to St. Pachomius of Egypt by an Angel, and was the rule he used at each hour of the day and night (Archimandrite Lazarus (Moore), St. Seraphim of Sarov: A Spiritual Biography, p. 77).

Through the prayers of our holy Fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us.

Amen. Glory to Thee, our God, glory to Thee.

O Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, Treasury of good things and Giver of life: Come and dwell in us, and cleanse us of all impurity, and save our souls, O Good One.

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us. (Thrice)

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the unto the ages of ages. Amen.

O Most Holy Trinity, have mercy on us. O Lord, blot out our sins. O Master, pardon our iniquities. O Holy One, visit and heal our infirmities for Thy name’s sake.

Lord have mercy. (Thrice)

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in the Heavens, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

O Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us. Amen.

Lord, Have mercy. (Twelve times)

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the unto the ages of ages. Amen.

O come, let us worship God our King.

O come, let us worship and fall down before Christ our King and God.

O come, let us worship and fall down before Christ Himself, our King and God.

Psalm 50

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I know mine iniquity, and my sin is ever before me. Against Thee only have I sinned and done this evil before Thee, that Thou mightest be justified in Thy words, and prevail when Thou art judged. For behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sins did my mother bear me. For behold, Thou hast loved truth; the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom hast Thou made manifest unto me. Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be made clean; Thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow. Thou shalt make me to hear joy and gladness; the bones that be humbled, they shall rejoice. Turn Thy face away from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and with Thy governing Spirit establish me. I shall teach transgressors Thy ways, and the ungodly shall turn back unto Thee. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation; my tongue shall rejoice in Thy righteousness. O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise. For if Thou hadst desired sacrifice, I had given it; with whole-burnt offerings Thou shalt not be pleased. A sacrifice unto God is a broken spirit; a heart that is broken and humbled God will not despise. Do good, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Zion, and let the walls of Jerusalem be builded. Then shalt Thou be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole-burnt offerings. Then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

The Creed

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God; begotten, not made; of one essence with the Father, by Whom all things were made; Who for us men and for our salvation came down from the heavens, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and became man; And was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried; And arose again on the third day according to the Scriptures; And ascended into the heavens, and sitteth at the right hand of the Father; And shall come again, with glory, to judge both the living and the dead; Whose kingdom shall have no end. And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of life; Who proceedeth from the Father; Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; Who spake by the prophets. In One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the remission of sins. I look for the resurrection of the dead, And the life of the age to come. Amen.

The Jesus Prayer:

O Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.  (100 Times) 

The Dismissal

It is truly meet to bless thee, the Theotokos, ever blessed and most blameless, and Mother of our God. More honorable than the Cherubim, and beyond compare more glorious than the Seraphim, who without corruption gavest birth to God the Word, the very Theotokos, thee do we magnify.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Lord, have mercy. (Thrice)

O Lord, Bless.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, for the sake of the prayers of Thy most pure Mother, of our holy and God-bearing fathers, and all the saints, have mercy on us and save us, for Thou art good and the Lover of mankind. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.