three days of darkness?

Has anyone here heard about the three days of darkness prophesy? I read that several people received this prophesy and they are Blesseds and Saints… what it says is that there will be a chastisement for the world if we don’t all turn to God, and that is three days & nights of complete darkness and during that time the people who haven’t turned to God would die except a few that would be converted later on. Some believers will die too but they will be innocent and will be martyrs. During that time we must stay in the house and shut all the doors and windows and not look outside, not even look outside the window… and if anyone does look, they will die instantly because God’s justice is holy and He doesn’t want us to see it. There will be a lot of demons everywhere too, hurricanes of fire, earthquakes and other frightening things, and apparently, some poisonous gas that will spread everywhere so the windows should be shut and sealed in properly. We must stay at home and pray and ask for forgiveness, seek Mary’s protection, and repent of sin… it’s important to be in a state of grace… then we won’t be as frightened. Also, only a blessed candle would give light, nothing else. Apparently this is a chastisement worse than the Flood, except it’s by fire, not by water, as there would never be another great flood. After the three days and nights, the stars will come out and then the sun, and it will be springtime and a time of peace for the world. Apparently after this peace, evil will gain hand once more and then the antichrist will come, and then the end of the world. But some have said that the Second Coming will be during or after those 3 days.

Will it happen? who knows, it might…

when? I have no idea…

however when I think of it, I feel really afraid. :frowning: what do you all think? how should we react to this prophesy?? i’ve been wondering sometimes… the reason I took it more seriously is because apparently the prophesy was also given to St Padre Pio, but does anyone know if this letter is accurate and actually from him… divinemercyinc.com/St%20Padre%20Pio%20Prophecies.htm I tend to believe the things St Padre Pio says because he was really close to God and could discern things.

Should we prepare for this just in case it happens??

thanks

I would say, don't bother.:)

Read the book of Fatima, in Lucia's Own Words, and seek if there is anything related to that.
pastorinhos.com/livros/en/MemoriasI_en.pdf

I haven't finished the book, but I don't think that something that doesn't bring peace, or even despair doesn't come from God. It comes from the devil. Because the devil is the father of all lies.

Don't believe it, if it doesn't bring peace.

I feel clearly that this is the work of the devil

No one knows the day, not even Jesus. Only the Father knows. It is in the scripture. Stick to the scripture. Satan can be disguised in form of Jesus, Mary, the Saints.

He'll do anything to take away your peace and truth.

Thus you would not be able to love fully Jesus, and have the freedom and happiness of the children of God.

If you want to take my advice, don't bother. Forget it. Stick to the scripture. Ask Jesus the grace of Discernment of Spirits. That's what I ask, and I feel this is a lie and the work of the devil.:blush:

Don't believe it, or you will transgress the first commandment. That you should not have other Gods. Meaning, you should not believe other else (including lies from the devil) but truth from God.

thanks for the reply... well I don't really feel a disquiet in my soul over this, but a more natural fear like fear of dying or judgement or other similar things. I have no idea honestly. If it's false, then the letter is most likely fake. If the letter is real, I'd say it's probably true, even if it would happen in a thousand years. I guess there's no way to tell.

We can't ever know the day or the hour.. that is true... but there's no date set for this either :) so I guess we'll live and see :shrug:

I would say don't read it. When I type this messages I do not feel joy, like when you are talking about other subjects.

I have this experience, where there is this woman in Naju, called Julia Kim, reported and had pictures of Our Lady Crying Tears of Blood, and she was telling us that the chastisement was near.

I followed her for 2 years. And I believed in it. However, it was fake, and it led me to many sins, even despair. Because in her "apparition" mother mary tells that chastisement was near.

No....... Mary doesn't know. Jesus doesn't know, the writer of the letter you tell me doesn't know , the saints doesn't know, only the Father.

I ended up bowing over the Sun, because Julia Kim said that the Host appeared in the sun. I transgressed the first commandment. She also said about the last day, and I have the same fears that you tell me. Fear of death.

I have to go to confession for that sin of believing in Julia kim instead of the scriptures.
Because Jesus said, about the day, that the Son doesn't know, the Angels doesn't know, only the Father knows.

But despair doesn't come from God. It is a lie. be careful. Don't read it, avoid it. Read the works of the saints instead. Be prudent.

Anything that doesn't bring peace comes from the devil. Jesus brings peace and love, and tell us not to fear. That's discernment.

Be careful of transgressing the first commandment:)

Love you, sister. Jesus loves you more. Do not fear, he is with you.

There are many lies on the internet. You have to be careful.

Do you know why I call you sister, because if we do meet in heaven, the Father will be our father, and we will be sisters, in Jesus. I hope you do get to heaven.

Exactly! :thumbsup: Or, as Paul puts it:

even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.(2 Corinthians 11:14)

I read that Julia Kim was condemned by the Church eventually

sometimes false apparitions mimic authentic ones… but there are little things that are off, like what you said about bowing to the sun, - the effects of the apparitions are off… and there are often doctrinal problems as well

I don’t know where people get that from, maybe Yoda, but not Scripture. “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes [shall be] they of his own household” (Matthew 10:34).

There are Approved Apparitions that reflect the same content. For example: Sister Agnes Katsuko Sasagawa in Akita, Japan (declared worthy of belief by Cardinal Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict, as well as the Local Bishop Ito due to several supporting Miracles) we are told: “If men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never have seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary.”

This Great Chastisement by fire is also in Scripture:

“For behold, the Lord will come in fire, and His chariots like the whirlwind, To render His anger with fury, And His rebuke with flames of fire. For the Lord will execute judgment by fire And by His sword on all flesh, And those slain by the Lord will be many” (Isaiah 66:15).

“Neither their silver nor their gold Will be able to deliver them On the day of the Lord’s wrath; And all the Earth will be devoured in fire” (Zepheniah 1 - 2).

God Bless

It all seems quite plausible to me. Shortening of the days, or else no one would survive. The trumpet sounding, the dead rising. Jesus ascending from the skies. The reign of peace.

I don't think there's anywhere near enough attention given by the modern Church to these end-of-times prophecies. Some of them are from the mouth of Christ himself.

It's almost as if the urgency of the narrative has been lost in the immensity of time--from the time when the apostles thought they would live to see the second coming and lived in anticipation of it, through a long 2,000 years of disastrous human history, to the present, a time in which our focus is on everything but the second coming.

[quote="hansard, post:8, topic:244298"]
It all seems quite plausible to me. Shortening of the days, or else no one would survive. The trumpet sounding, the dead rising. Jesus ascending from the skies. The reign of peace.

I don't think there's anywhere near enough attention given by the modern Church to these end-of-times prophecies. Some of them are from the mouth of Christ himself.

It's almost as if the urgency of the narrative has been lost in the immensity of time--from the time when the apostles thought they would live to see the second coming and lived in anticipation of it, through a long 2,000 years of disastrous human history, to the present, a time in which our focus is on everything but the second coming.

[/quote]

Jesus told us NOT to look for signs.
I will obey him rather than alleged prophecies telling us when the end will come.

Just always be ready for when our time on this earth will end, trust the Lord, love Him, and have nothing to fear. That is the way we are supposed to live.

'And they asked him, saying: Master, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when they shall begin to come to pass? Who said: Take heed you be not seduced; for many will come in my name, saying, I am he; and the time is at hand: go ye not therefore after them. And when you shall hear of wars and seditions, be not terrified: these things must first come to pass; but the end is not yet presently. Then he said to them:** Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.**

And there shall be great earthquakes in divers places, and pestilences, and famines, and terrors from heaven; and** there shall be great signs.** But before all these things, they will lay their hands upon you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and into prisons, dragging you before kings and governors, for my name’s sake. And it shall happen unto you for a testimony.’

'Then let those who are in Judea, flee to the mountains; and those who are in the midst thereof, depart out: and those who are in the countries, not enter into it. For these are the days of vengeance, that all things may be fulfilled, that are written. But woe to them that are with child, and give suck in those days; for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword; and shall be led away captives into all nations; and Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles; till the times of the nations be fulfilled. **And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; **and upon the earth distress of nations, by reason of the confusion of the roaring of the sea and of the waves;

Men withering away for fear, and expectation of what shall come upon the whole world. For the powers of heaven shall be moved; And then they shall see the Son of man coming in a cloud, with great power and majesty. But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads, because your redemption is at hand. And he spoke to them in a similitude. See the fig tree, and all the trees: When they now shoot forth their fruit, you know that summer is nigh; So you also, when you shall see these things come to pass, know that the kingdom of God is at hand.’

‘Watch ye, therefore, praying at all times, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that are to come, and to stand before the Son of man.’

Luke 21:7-13,21-31,36

‘Blessed is he, that readeth and heareth the words of this prophecy; and keepeth those things which are written in it; for the time is at hand.’

Apocalypse 1:3

‘He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches: He that shall overcome, shall not be hurt by the second death.’

Apocalypse 2:11

‘Despise not prophecies. But prove all things; hold fast that which is good.’

1 Thessalonians 5:20-21

when you read an announcement from the Vatican that the 3 days of chastisement is immenent, that is time to start worrying about it.

I know of no approved visionary who has made this prediction.

there are plenty of books out there that distort and add commentary to the messages received by approved visionaries, but those books are not approved and not written with authority from the Church.

if you want a sign that relates to your own readiness for judgement, make a good examination of conscience every night before you go to bed, pray the act of contrition, and go to confession when this reflection tells you it is time. That is the only sign you need.

I’ve read various versions of the “Three Days of Darkness” - only because many years ago, a lady from a prayer group at our parish was handing pamphlets ( containing St. Padre Pio’s purported account) out (if you can believe it - just before Mass). Our pastor asked her not to hand them out in the vicinity of Mass when he found out, and she complied.

My own personal opinion is that the “Three Days of Darkness” is plausible - could happen. When we consider how many children are being slain in their mothers’ wombs today , that alone makes me wonder if we aren’t to receive/experience some type of intervention/correction.

But what is much more certain - guaranteed, is that on a particular day our Blessed Lord has chosen , my life on earth will come to a close . If that happens before a possible “Three Days of Darkness” comes to pass , how would these “Three Days of Darkness” have ever benefitted me personally ?

And about that guaranteed part , our Blessed Lord tells us to always “be ready”, to" stay awake", to “keep watch” ; and He tells us this extensively :

**[LIST]
*]Chapter 24 of the Gospel according to Matthew

*]Chapter 12 of the Gospel according to Luke

]Chapter 13 of the Gospel according to Mark
[/LIST]

It is unfortunate to see some people (good Catholics) become so obsessed with particular types of (ahem) prophecy (I’m not referring to the OP’s subject here) that they begin to horde food or to build shelters/refuges/safe houses . These are some of the distortions which can occur, when we forget to put the daily well-being of our souls and those of our neighbors in the forefront.

So, sure, I think the “Three Days of Darkness” is plausible , but I’m much more happy to have been able to receive the sacrament of Reconciliation 2 days ago ; and to be able to receive our loving Lord in the Eucharist today and to be able pray the Rosary with some of the faithful following Mass today … just in case our Blessed Lord has decided to call me “Home” some time this week.

And what of the natural disasters in various places happening throughout the world ? Many of our brothers and sisters are already undergoing severe trials of a cataclysmic nature. :sad_yes:

EDIT: * @ Shin and @ Dorothy : My apologies if I’ve inadvertently repeated some of what you said - we were still at post # 9 as I was writing this.

God Bless

I will obey him rather than alleged prophecies telling us when the end will come.
wrote thistle.

Yes, but Jesus did mention explicit signs of the end times. Jesus’ prophecies are not “alleged”. Nor are the words of the prophets who came before him.

[quote="hansard, post:14, topic:244298"]
wrote thistle.

Yes, but Jesus did mention explicit signs of the end times. Jesus' prophecies are not "alleged". Nor are the words of the prophets who came before him.

[/quote]

Weve been in the end times since our Lords time.

There`s a lot of unhealthy Catholic "gnosticism" flying around; caused by false "apparitions" (eg Garabandal and, almost certainly, Medjugorje), false mystics (eg John Leary, the Dozule crew) and loony "end times" books by folks like Ted and Maureen Flynn, Angelo Mazzareze and Dr. K Bowring.
Some of these books contain outright heresy: eg. the literal Millenium, the Rapture.

Fr. Gobbis "predictions" have been reworded or reinterpreted as theyve failed......

It`s unhealthy......and dangerous!
Old Nick has a trap for everyone, including the devout folks who wallow in "End Times" literature.

Why can`t we leave all of that stuff to the fringe group Fundamentalists, JWs etc?

[quote="NeedImprovement, post:13, topic:244298"]

It is unfortunate to see some people (good Catholics) become so obsessed with particular types of (ahem) prophecy (I'm not referring to the OP's subject here) that they begin to horde food or to build shelters/refuges/safe houses . These are some of the distortions which can occur, when we forget to put the daily well-being of our souls and those of our neighbors in the forefront.

[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with stocking your pantry with excess food and supplies to care for your family and neighbors in the event there are disasters of any kind. This is being prudent and wise. You will be able to be part of the solution to a problem instead of a hindrance. Our Nation is facing the most uncertain times since the Civil War. People need to realize that our future is going to be dependent on the people of this great nation, not the Government. We need to be ready to help ourselves and others. I am not trying to bring or promote fear. I am only telling people to look at what is going on all around the world. It could very well be happening here sooner than we believe.

Three days darkness or not, He prophesied clear things that would happen at the end of time. That, to me, is the heart of the argument.

Well, are the words of Christ to be taken literally or not?

I'd be derided as the greatest heretic of all if dared claim that "this is my body...this is my blood" was meant in anything other than the most literal sense.

We can't have it both ways, as it suits us.

...and I see nothing at all wrong or inappropriate in wondering when Christ will return. It seems to be something which should be the almost-lost cornerstone of our faith.

Sure, don't dwell on it or make it the governing aspect of your life, but there is clear scripture on the topic. Why ignore it, or try to brush it aside?

[quote="thistle, post:9, topic:244298"]
Jesus told us NOT to look for signs. I will obey him rather than alleged prophecies telling us when the end will come.

[/quote]

I think they were talking about Jesus from the Bible, not Jesus Sanchez from the Mets.

“And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?” (Matthew 16:3).

“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues” (Mark 16:17)

“And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following” (Mark 16:20).

“And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven” (Luke 21:11).

“And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring” (Luke 21:25).

“Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe” (John 4:48).

“And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke” (Acts 2:19).

“Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know” (Acts 2:22).

“And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles” (Acts 2:43).

“God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will” (Hebrews 2:4).

God Bless

The following link is to an article on the 3 Days of Darkness by “Catholic Planet”:

catholicplanet.com/future/three-days-darkness.htm

If it is so, it doesn’t seem to be any kind of a sign or prediction, only a mop-up operation of sorts.

God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.