Three Jewish men arrested over assault of two Palestinians in East Jerusalem

Three Jewish men were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of involvement in the assault of two Arab residents of Jerusalem on Friday . . .

Amir Shwiki and Samer Mahfouz, both 20-year-old residents of the Jerusalem neighborhood of Beit Hanina, were beaten unconscious by a Jewish mob that attacked them with iron bars and baseball bats in Jerusalem on Friday evening, according to the Association for Civil Rights in Israel. They were coming from an iftar dinner following the day’s Ramadan fast

“A man came from the direction of [the Jewish neighborhood of] Neveh Yaakov,” Mahfouz told Haaretz. “He said, ‘Give me a cigarette.’ I told him I don’t have any, and he heard I’m Arab and went away, coming back with his friends, maybe 12 people. They had sticks and iron bars and they hit us over the head.”

haaretz.com/news/national/1.607983

More senseless acts of violence in the Middle-East.

Wars cause people to behave in ugly ways.

The attack happened four days ago, and the victims were hospitalized in serious condition. The news article didn’t say how they were doing now. I hope their recovery will be complete, and without complications.

Unfortunately they do. Prayers out for the whole situation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.