Three M's on the paper - Three Hail Mary's for him to breathe!

It was amazing.

Nine months ago we were doing temperature readings, using NFP to avoid a fourth child. At the end of the cycle we noticed that the temperature readings made 3 big M’s on the chart.

A month later we found out we were pregnant again. The temperature readings and observations using NFP failed to show us the fertile time. My wife has a thyroid condition that makes the observations not reliable we have learned.

Anyway we were in the delivery room this afternoon. The baby began to come out with the cord around his neck so the doctor had to cut it off before he came out. He would not breathe for a long time as my wife tried so hard to push out his 8.7 pound body out of her. Then when they were able to get him out of her they rushed him to the table where they performed cpr…

I came back to the bed to my wife and began to pray…remembering those three M’s I saw on the chart - three times a Hail Mary.

At the end of the third Hail Mary we heard the most beautiful sound parents want to hear -loud cries coming from our newborn son!

It is amazing- we tried to prevent a new life by using NFP and the NFP chart itself showed us what to do in our son’s time of need to save his life - and it worked!

Matthew Dominic Leary was born on March 28, 2008 at 6:52 PM.

Mother and son are doing great.

Ken

Congratulations!

and here’s another three Hail Mary’s in thanksgiving and for your son’s continued health.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen

That is beautiful. The Mother of Mercy is indeed great.

WOW! Now that’s what I call a miracle! Congratulations and God bless you and your family!:bounce:

That brought a tear to my eye. Please give your son an extra hug and kiss for me. I’ll keep your family in my intentions this weekend at Mass.

I think little Matthew now officially has a Patron Saint all his own! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Beautiful…and congratulations on your many blessings.

WOW, WOW, WOW! Praise be to Jesus and His Blessed Mother! And congratulations!!

Beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. Congratulations on your 4th little blessing.:slight_smile:

That is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever heard! Thanks so much for sharing, and a Big Congratulations!!!

God Bless You!!!

What a beautiful story! :slight_smile: Thank you so much for sharing it. That was literally “the writing on the wall!” How wonderfully awesome! :smiley:

Wow amazing story! Congrats!

Hail Mary, full of Grace. :signofcross:

:crying: Oh, that made me cry! How beautiful! You know that your son has another Mother looking out for him. You are all very blessed indeed. God is SO good! :smiley:

What a beautiful story! :amen: and congrats on your new little blessing!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.