"Three Person Civil Union Sparks Controversy in Brazil" (Church in Australia, Scotland had just warned that gay marriage could lead to polygamy)

A notary in Brazil has granted a civil union between a man and two women, saying that the idea of family has changed. Civil unions between gay people were legalized in Brazil in 2004, and gay marriage was begun in Brazil in 2011. A news article on this event is at
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-19402508
Senior leaders of the Catholic Church in Australia and in Scotland had warned just before this, as they battle government plans in their own countries to legalize gay marriage, that legalizing gay marriage would open the door to polygamy. Below are two links to news articles, on what Church leaders said in these two countries.
In Australia: www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=32695
In Scotland: www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=12608&MediaType-1&category=24

legalized pedophilia is next.

This seems to be action of a rogue notary. I doubt that it will stand up in court or that it will be honored by businesses or the government.

From the BBC article

While Ms Domingues has approved the union, it is not clear whether courts, service providers and private companies such as health insurance providers will accept the ruling.

I don’t think so…rather next step will be two men and two women marrying each other. Sharing and swapping wives and husbands. Both women legally married to both men.

:eek:

MJ

I think incest marriages will be next. Sibling ones first then the slope will slide down to bestality, child and probably even necrophilia, there is no end to “tolerance” and “equality”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.