Three prayers to get rid of demons from your or someone else's presence

I heard a priest, Fr. Wolfe, teach these prayers on a You Tube video on a channel called Sensus Fidelium. He said that they also work if you pray them for other people. Copy them, share them on other forums, print them for yourself.

In the name of Jesus, I bind you spirit of [name the affliction (such as anxiety, lust)] and send you to the foot of the cross to be judged by our Lord.

In the name of Jesus, I bind any spirit here that is not of the Holy Spirit and send you to the foot of the cross to be judged by our Lord.

Precious Blood of Jesus wash over me and protect me from the wickedness and snares of the devil.

3 Likes

Sensus Fidelium gets a bit out there at times.

The third prayer seems okay, but regarding the first two, lay Catholics should be careful about binding demons. Better to call on God and ask him to do it.

2 Likes

Its not exorcism, so there is no danger. Its commanding demons to leave your presence or the presence of another person. The name of Jesus has power over demons.

2 Likes

Yes, they’re called binding prayers. I absolutely love Fr. Wolfe and all the others at Sensus Fidelium, but he is my particular favorite. Have you listened to Father’s 7 part series on Our Lady of Revelation? It is excellent. It’s a lot (each lesson is about an hour long)…but so edifying.

2 Likes

The very first lesson I stumbled on from Fr. Wolfe was St. Anne: The Miraculous Discovery of Her Relics. If you’ve not heard that one, I highly, highly recommend it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.