Tiffany Trump, Steve Bannon, Steven Mnuchin Registered to Vote in Multiple States

From US News and World Report.

President Donald Trump called for an investigation into alleged voter fraud, including whether citizens are registered to vote in more than one state, but least one member of his family, one of his senior aides, and a Cabinet nominee have been found to be registered in at least two states.

“I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time),” Trump tweeted Wednesday. “Depending on results, we will strengthen up voting procedure.”

. . .

Although it is not illegal to be registered to vote in multiple places – unlike voting twice in the same election, which is against the law – proponents of theories of voter fraud point to multiple registrations as proof that illegal voting takes place.

As I heard someone say tonight, this is a “ginned up” issue because Trump’s enormous ego can’t handle the fact that he lost the popular vote by millions of votes.

People are often on the voter rolls in two states, as folks move around much more than in the past. It doesn’t mean they are actually voting in two states. Also, names of deceased people stay on the rolls unless a family member remembers to have them removed, or until they are removed after not having voted for a number of years, depending on state/local regulations. The last thing on my mind when my mother and dad passed away was getting them removed from voter rolls.

I do find it hilarious about Bannon, Mnuchin and Tiffany Trump.

Our new POTUS has a lot to learn about a lot of things. What a Twilight Zone episode we are living!!!

Great! Now democrats shouldn’t be against the idea of a election process review.

He truly does. And hilarious indeed. Hollywood couldn’t have written a more comedic script.

Trump: “I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states …”

Priceless.

Including looking into why over 40% of registered voters didn’t vote?

Hollywood couldn’t have written a better comedic script.

I’m was registered to vote in 2 states: Idaho and Washington. I voted in the 2012 election in WA, but moved to Idaho in 2013. I never “un”-registered in WA, and I remained on the books until I failed to vote in 2 consecutive federal elections. So from 2012 until 2016 I was registered in 2 states.

Regarding the OP, so what? Did they vote in multiple states?

Trump includes that in VOTER FRAUD

So what? That’s a good question better asked of proponents of voter fraud theories who point to multiple registrations as proof that fraud exists.

Probably not, and neither do the dead voters, which he’s also including in the fraud.

You won’t find a defense of multiple registrations as evidence of voter fraud from me. Registrations I don’t care about. Actual voting is what matters.

The thing about voter fraud is that the one who wins the election doesn’t care to look into it and the one who loses can’t look into it. So all these years, nothing has been done.

We have all seen videos and heard stories but it’s always dismissed as anecdotal evidence. So the fact that exhortations and advice to college students to vote illegally were video-taped? Just anecdotal, it doesn’t prove that *real *voter fraud is going in. The fact that it was reported in the MSM that the state election laws were contravened by being opened on a Sunday so a busload of church-goers who had just heard a candidate speak at their church could vote, well, that’s just anecdotal. Etc.

It all remains anecdotal because the winner doesn’t care and the loser lost, so it is never investigated.

Now we have a winner who does care and who will investigate, because he’s kinda crazy, has a yuge ego, or maybe, just maybe, because he actually cares about this nation and would like to see that we can trust our voting procedures.

I have a feeling I might be registered in two states and possibly might be registered in two counties in the current state I reside in.
If there is no national database of registered voters, when you move to a new county or state how do they know how to remove you from the voter rolls in your previous voter district?
I have only voted in the place where I live, but I think I just assumed I would be unenrolled from my last voter district. Considering how transient many citizens are, there are probably a lot of people unintentionally registered in more than one state.

Exactly. When we register to vote, there ought to be a card we can send to our previous registration place. Don’t the do that with drivers licenses?

I am not sure. That is a good question. This is something I have never even thought about! :eek:

This whole nonsense is too funny and grows more so by the day.

There’s nothing wrong with multiple registrations - although I appreciate that because of the electoral college system it might be slightly more complicated to organise a ‘multiple regs. are possible to help people vote, but also organised to minimise potential fraud’ system - as in the UK.

I’ve yet to see a credible study suggesting anything like the “millions” of fraudulent registrations or votes that Trump keeps bringing up. Broadly speaking, the actual voting bit of the election system works well as far as I can see (if anything it probably ought to be easier).

Moreover Trump really shouldn’t look into this. Because he will end up being embarrassed; among the (very small) number of genuinely fraudulent votes that get uncovered, someone will have voted for him.

Although, given he seems to govern with absolutely no regard to actual facts; and has an ego so large that embarrassment just ricochets off him, maybe that wouldn’t be something he cares much about. (But I firmly believe he can’t be indefinitely ridiculous without meaningful substance behind the ridiculousness).

While he is galvanising the (sizeable) minority of people who actually support him with nonsense like walls and electoral investigations - people should look at what else he’s doing or trying to do: Trump is above everything a showman (nothing wrong with that of course)…while I don’t believe he’s actually clever enough to mastermind a deception this broad, people who are working for him certainly are.

Look beyond whatever strange noises he’s making because there might be something much, much more alarming going on…

I think I might be registered to vote in a couple of places. I usually send out the card to register to vote. I pick the option to change address. Then I end up added at the new address and not removed from the old. :shrug:

I was previously registered in NH and CT. I don’t know if I’m still on the books there. I certainly didn’t vote in either of those two states.

The “so what” issue is the combination of this fact together with Trump’s claim that this sort of thing needs to be investigated. So my answer to Trump’s fear of people registered in more than one place is also “so what?”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.