Tiller Funeral Coverage

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090606/ap_on_re_us/us_abortion_shooting

During the service, Tiller was remembered for his generosity and sense of humor.

“Dear God, get heaven ready, because Mr. Enthusiasm is coming,” said Larry Borcherding, of Overland Park, who first met Tiller a half-century ago when both were students at the University of Kansas. “Heaven will never be the same. It will be a better, better place with George in it.”

About 700 people filled the church sanctuary and some 200 others watched a closed-circuit television broadcast in another room.

A large portrait of Tiller hung at the front of the sanctuary, and nearby was a wreath of flowers with the words “TRUST WOMEN.” Some mourners wore buttons that said “Attitude is Everything.”

Tiller’s clinic in Wichita was among a few in the U.S. performing third-trimester abortions, and that made it a target of regular protests. Most were peaceful, but his clinic was bombed in 1986, and he was shot in both arms in 1993.

Borcherding recalled that immediately after that 1993 shooting, Tiller kept in close contact with him because Borcherding had lost his job.

“Who had a more boisterous, heartfelt laugh than George Tiller?” Borcherding said. “There are so many stories. I have many, many, many. Let’s be sure to share them later.”

Not really sure what to say. I’m somewhat speechless.
:confused::frowning:

The guy committed horrific crimes against humanity by killing babies and this is his eulogy? Stunning.

:(:mad::eek: :ouch:

“Dear God, get heaven ready, because Mr. Enthusiasm is coming,” said Larry Borcherding, of Overland Park, who first met Tiller a half-century ago when both were students at the University of Kansas. “Heaven will never be the same. It will be a better, better place with George in it.”

The presumption on display here is staggering.

On this…I am going to shut the door, and allow death to pass by.

All of the tears, mourning, praise and pageantry in this world will not effect God’s prefect justice in the next.

Dear Larry (the funeral attendee):

Believe in Jesus is NOT a guarantee for immediate entrance to Heaven. Someone could profess to be a Christian, but still beat their wife 5 days a week, and then go to Church every week like nothing happens on the other days.

Satan believes in Jesus.

It is not enough to call Him “Lord, Lord.”

B-b-but, you don’t want women to have to resort to some “back alley” for an abortion, I mean, Dr. Tiller provided a nice clean, safe, environment for abortions.

http://www.jillstanek.com/carhart%20clinic%202-thumb-500x333.jpg

That’s his buddy LEROY CARHART’s Place. Notice it says Nebraska, not Kansas.

That place would be shut down if it were an animal clinic, animal shelter, dentist’s office or almost any other service. But because abortionists think they’re ABOVE the law, its allowed to look like that. Disgusting.

WOW, is this real or photoshopped? What is your source?

That is NOT photo-shopped. I believe that the Associated Press may have published that picture. Just look up “Abortion and Contraception Clinic of Nebraska” and you’ll get the picture most likely.

The reason I asked was because I googled it and had no luck. Just tried again with the image search and found the photo on the LifeSiteNews article.

I will bookmark that site and share it with others who argue that abortion should be legal so that it can be “safe and rare”. I wanted to verify its authenticity before doing so–that picture would be quite easy to alter.

Quite shocking!

Sorry. You’re right. It’s Carhart’s, not Tiller’s. I got it fom Stanek’s website jillstanek.com/
where the pictures appeared with a story about the Tiller - Carhart connection.
jillstanek.com/archives/2009/06/partial_birth_a_2.html

Exactly.

The 60,000 babies Tiller killed never had funerals. He just burned them up in the crematorium on his property. It’s unbelievable what he got away with… in this life.

Amen to that!!

Is that the late term abortionist who wants to take over Tiller’s place?

I know a “friend” of his in another state was in the news attempting to fill in for Tiller.

There’s also another “Doctor Death” in Boulder, Colorado.

The 3 late-term killers came out (that there are 3 of them) with this story.

+Dominus Vobiscum.

Before/if he gets to heaven, he’s going to have to personally handwrite 60,000 heartfelt apologies first, using a dull pencil.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.