Tim Russert Dies From Apparent Heart Attack

Tim Russert, NBC journalist and political heavyweight host of “Meet the Press,” has died after collapsing at NBC’s Washington news bureau, a source said. He was 58 years old.

Russert, who rose from the inside world of politics where he was former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo’s press secretary and one-time chief of staff to the late Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, was able to successfully cross over to political journalism and rise to become one of its leading lights.

nypost.com/seven/06132008/news/nationalnews/tim_russert_dies_from_apparent_heart_att_115384.htm

My condolences to his family and friends…

prayers also :gopray:

What a tragedy. He and his family will be in my prayers.

Did not realize he was Catholic. Prayers for his friends, family and colleagues.

Oh. Praying for his soul. I enjoyed reading about his catholic stories a few years ago.

May God rest his soul. I saw an interview with him about his faith…He was a staunch Catholic, but not in your face about it

:crying: May the Lord have mercy on him and I’ll be praying for his family.I’m sorry to hear he has died.I really like him and enjoyed seeing him on tv .

He was from God’s country - Buffalo, NY.

Sad.

May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace. I will keep his friends and family and co-workers in my prayers too.

Peace be with you Tim. He is going home.
When I watched one of his reports a couple months ago when the Pope was in the U.S., I think it was the first time I never heard him criticize someone. I was pleased with him then and I send my prayers to him and his family.

Paul

Praying for his soul and his family. He will be missed.

Passed away this morning, heart attack read further here

Thoughts?

I hope he had time to reconcile with God. “Like a thief in the night…”

I remember when he proudly showed a photo on air of John Paul II blessing his son. It was a nice story. He will be missed, will pray for him.

I never knew that, either. Are his Catholic stories online anywhere?

I’ll pray for him, too. :crossrc:

Guess who I just saw/read in the Catholic Review on page 17?

Tim Russert! (If I didn’t find out he was Catholic from the news, I would’ve found out there) It looks like it was to be some award presentation.

Then there’s the funeral home ad right below it. :confused:

And Tim Russert again on page 32. (an event back in May)

May his soul rest in peace. His family is in my prayers.

Not to be uncharitable but Tim Russet worked for pro-abortion candidates and supported a pro-abortion political party from what I have read? I got his book as a gift.

I really don’t think the state of his soul should be discussed on the eve of his death. To automatically assume is was in need of reconcilliation with God seems disrespectful especially at this time.

The point was not to discuss the state of HIS soul…but rather to remind EVERYONE…like a thief in the night…we should all be prepared.

And I believe that everyone is need of reconciliation…we are all sinners no?

As a Catholic, he could very well have recently been to confession. Yes we should all be prepared, but the way it was posted it seemed you implied his soul was in need of reconcilliation. I thinking praying for his soul would be more appropriate.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.