TIM STAPLES on salvation!

i was listening to Tim Staples on the radio the other day–and let me say (it was an open forum for non-catholics) HE WAS GREAT—he gave great charitable reponses to each caller—i give him major “props”—when it came to salvation he was GREAT AS WELL—he stated that The Catholic church is the one true Church and that if someonE is invincibly ignorant, and only then he can be saVED----however–he seemed to emphasize that point alot----THIS IS A PRUDENTIAL ARGUMENT------I THINK THE EMPHASIS SHOULD BE ON THE RULE!!! WHAT DO I MEAN BY THAT??? THE RULE IS THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NORMATIVELY NECESSARY FOR EVERYONE SINGLE PERSON TO GO TO HEAVEN–FORMAL MEMBERSHIP IS NORMATIVELY NECESSARY!!! THE EXCEPTION IS INVINCIbly ignorant PEOPLE------like i said earlier this is an prudential argument, but it seems obvious IF YOU EMPHASIZE INVINCIBLE IGNORANCE PEOPLE MISTAKE THAT TO MEAN THAT EVERYONE IS INVINCIBLEY IGNORANT—IT HAS HAPPENED WE CAN SEE IT IN THE MEDIA AND OTHER AREAS----SO I PLEAD WITH YOU EMPHASIZE THE NECESSITY OF BEING CATHOLIC TO BE SAVED—

<< THE RULE IS THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NORMATIVELY NECESSARY FOR EVERYONE SINGLE PERSON TO GO TO HEAVEN–FORMAL MEMBERSHIP IS NORMATIVELY NECESSARY!!! THE EXCEPTION IS INVINCIbly ignorant PEOPLE >>

It would help if you would lay off the crack, crystal-meth, and COCA COLA before posting. :stuck_out_tongue: :whacky: :wave: I agree Tim is great. I had dinner with him and with Pete Vere last year. So fun.

Phil P

I really like Tim Staples too - he is wonderful. Will he still be running the Catholic Resource Center now that he is with CA?

hey phil why dont u get a life–instead of personally attacking me and braggin about havibng dinner with tim-(as if that is someting to brag about) why dont u respond to what i actually wrote

[quote=marineboy]hey phil why dont u get a life–instead of personally attacking me and braggin about havibng dinner with tim-(as if that is someting to brag about) why dont u respond to what i actually wrote
[/quote]

Dude, he’s not attacking you, and he’s not bragging.

he implied I was on drugs when I post—it may have been tongue and cheek—but I still took it as an attack—DUDE!!!

AND HIM Havinh DINNER WITH TIM STAPLES—who cares??? Who he has dinner with has nothing to do with my post–so why even write that??? All you have to say is that you admire the man’s apologetic’s-----the point of my original post was to state my opinion—THAT WE SHOULD STRESS THE CHURCH (FORMAL MEMBERSHIP) IS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION–AND NOT EMPHASIZE INVINCIBLE IGNORANCE NEARLY AS MUCH----also emphasize that other religions, including Protestants, run the risk of going to hell for not entering the catholic church—

[quote=PhilVaz]<< THE RULE IS THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NORMATIVELY NECESSARY FOR EVERYONE SINGLE PERSON TO GO TO HEAVEN–FORMAL MEMBERSHIP IS NORMATIVELY NECESSARY!!! THE EXCEPTION IS INVINCIbly ignorant PEOPLE >>

It would help if you would lay off the crack, crystal-meth, and COCA COLA before posting. :stuck_out_tongue: :whacky: :wave: I agree Tim is great. I had dinner with him and with Pete Vere last year. So fun.

Phil P
[/quote]

Because you use capitals it makes you seem to be either yelling or very, very excited. I think that Phil was just joking around with you-note the smileys. Now his joke might not be in the best taste but I don’t think that he meant you any harm.

I don’t get this person on my radio. Does he have a website Marine boy? I would like to listen to him.

he is on Catholic Answers Live—catholic.com–he is a Catholic Answers Apologist–AND A FORMER MARINE!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[quote=marineboy]he is on Catholic Answers Live—catholic.com–he is a Catholic Answers Apologist–AND A FORMER MARINE!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Thank you for the info and your service to our country.:thumbsup:

[quote=marineboy]AND HIM Havinh DINNER WITH TIM STAPLES—who cares??? Who he has dinner with has nothing to do with my post–so why even write that??? All you have to say is that you admire the man’s apologetic’s-----the point of my original post was to state my opinion—THAT WE SHOULD STRESS THE CHURCH (FORMAL MEMBERSHIP) IS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION–AND NOT EMPHASIZE INVINCIBLE IGNORANCE NEARLY AS MUCH----also emphasize that other religions, including Protestants, run the risk of going to hell for not entering the catholic church—
[/quote]

Just a suggesstion - calm down, okay? If you were offended, it is not right to offend in return. For all it’s worth, I didn’t take it as an attack, he was joshin’ with ya since you seem just a bit excitable. :rolleyes:
We should be very grateful, as I see that you are, that we have such a great apologist who is willing to state truth regardless of whether it’s politically correct! :thumbsup:
Peace to you my friend-
:slight_smile:

Since he is a marine…I think his response is pretty much expected. It was/is his job to swat flies with baseball bats…it was/is his job to be aggressive. I have a few friends who are marines, and they aren’t very graceful…not to be offensive or to attack - I just think it’s the nature of their personality…we need these people.

Or we could just put eagle scouts on steroids and give them guns.

[quote=Strength]…we need these people.

[/quote]

Yes…on fire with the faith! You go!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, we need Marines to be Marines, Hoo Raa! (sp?) I used to be in the Navy and I have seen so many discourses between Navy and Marines it is pretty entertaining.

Example:
Marine “Marines rock"
Navy Guy"Marines are just a department of the Navy"
Marine” Yea, the Men’s Dept of the Navy"
Etc, etc…

But, even though I understand where you are coming from, I think he was joking and didn’t mean to offend. But your enthusiasm is well appreciated.
We need more Catholics like Marineboy fired up about the faith!!

Back to the topic:
We are blessed to have apologist like Tim Staples standing up for the faith and being able to explain it to people who are coming from a Sola Scriptura point of view.

Now I pray I will be able to raise some money over here to buy some airtime for some Catholic Answers. Too much Catholic bashing on the airwaves where I live. It is a shame there is no Catholic radio anywhere in Southern California. Thank God Sirius is starting to become popular and more people are listening to internet radio.

Scylla

who cares what tim staples says,i think i,ll go with what jesus said in {mark16:16}whoever believes and is baptized will be saved,but whoever does not believe will be condemned."in christ,celt

[quote=azcelt]who cares what tim staples says,i think i,ll go with what jesus said in {mark16:16}whoever believes and is baptized will be saved,but whoever does not believe will be condemned."in christ,celt
[/quote]

Mmm…Do you think that people who like Tim Staples are somehow replacing Jesus with him? That is what your post seems to say. Do you think that Catholics don’t believe in Mark 16:16? If you don’t like Tim Staples that is fine, but why make a statement that seems to say that we are denying Jesus if we appreciate the way someone else defends the faith.

You need to get a life in Christ, Tim Staples is awesome. :smiley: :thumbsup: :eek: :crying: :whacky: :whacky:

deb,my post is what it is,i have no opinion personally one way or the other about him,i,m sure he,s a fine christian.I do have a problem with any denominations arrogance that we alone have the truth and if you aren,t a member of us or don,t believe what we believe or what our catechism says etc,etc,etcyou have no salvation.as i stated i believe what jesus said in the gospels "that all who are baptized and believe are saved"i find it absurd that the jesus of the gospels would hold such a legalistic.pharisee,type belief of salvation as i have to be roman catholic.or any other denomination for that matter,for my salvation.i,ll trust in my baptism,repentance of sins,and my belief in my saviors sacrifice on the cross and resurrection for me and all sinners.in unity with all believers,celt

[quote=azcelt]deb,my post is what it is,i have no opinion personally one way or the other about him,i,m sure he,s a fine christian.I do have a problem with any denominations arrogance that we alone have the truth and if you aren,t a member of us or don,t believe what we believe or what our catechism says etc,etc,etcyou have no salvation.as i stated i believe what jesus said in the gospels "that all who are baptized and believe are saved"i find it absurd that the jesus of the gospels would hold such a legalistic.pharisee,type belief of salvation as i have to be roman catholic.or any other denomination for that matter,for my salvation.i,ll trust in my baptism,repentance of sins,and my belief in my saviors sacrifice on the cross and resurrection for me and all sinners.in unity with all believers,celt
[/quote]

This is getting complety off the topic of Tim Staples. Perhaps you should start a new thread. It doesn’t sound like you understand Roman Catholisim at all. Put these topics in another thread and they can be answered better

I got to give props to Tim Staples as well. I had the opportunity to see him speak at my parish about three years ago. As I remember it, he spoke on his conversion story, and he did it well, as usual. At the time, I was just a “crusin’ Catholic” so it didn’t have the impact it could have.

Other things in my life occured that got my priorities straightend out since then. I have my Mom’s tapes (some of Tim’s apologetics stuff) that she bought from the media tables after the presentation and I have been doing my best to wear them out over the last year.

I’d consider traveling a bit to see him speak again. I like his style.

SG257

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.