Tim Tebow and Church on the Hill

Hey guys I am still pretty new to these forums, but today I attended church with my sister, they had a event outside here in Austin Texas where Tim Tebow gave a testimonial. He is a amazing person though he is non catholic he is a man of God and a Man of Faith and a very true Christian. Anyways I took some pictures and would love for you guys to take a look.

youtube.com/watch?v=Td6SC2EdvgA&feature=youtu.be

Hey guys I am still pretty new to these forums, but today I attended church with my sister, they had a event outside here in Austin Texas where Tim Tebow gave a testimonial. He is a amazing person though he is non catholic he is a man of God and a Man of Faith and a very true Christian. Anyways I took some pictures and would love for you guys to take a look.

youtube.com/watch?v=Td6SC...ature=youtu.be

Theres another thread over on World News with the link. He's polite, grounded., good for Christianity.

Tim Tebow is an awesome young man, such a great role model for youth, so true to his beliefs, and proud of it. I follow him on Twitter and Facebook, he's wonderful!

[quote="Brenny, post:1, topic:280080"]

youtube.com/watch?v=Td6SC2EdvgA&feature=youtu.be

[/quote]

You are a late comer. His father is in the Phillipines converting the heathen Catholics preaching the gospel because it has not been preached there. Did you not know?

When you hear the name Tim Tebow, the focus of discussion ends up pointing to Jesus Christ! :D

Whether you like, dislike, or are indifferent to Tim, or his theology, you got to be happy as a Christian, that Jesus is entering into the conversation! :thumbsup:

I did not know his father was over there that is so awesome. Yes I can say I am a big fan of Tebow not only for sports but for his whole philosophy on life and Christ.

[quote="Brenny, post:7, topic:280080"]
I did not know his father was over there that is so awesome. Yes I can say I am a big fan of Tebow not only for sports but for his whole philosophy on life and Christ.

[/quote]

I think you misunderstood CopticChristian. Tebow's father is pulling Catholics away from the Church.

While I respect people who feel called to be missionaries, I do not respect someone who takes good Catholics away from the Church.

All of that has nothing to do with Tim Tebow and his worship of God, or what Gods plan is to unite Christianity, the fact this happened on Holy Week etc.

Strickly a Catholic perspective, and understood. Point is he could be promoting Budweiser and Blondes he is promoting God. And politely at that. I didn't hear one comment about who should worship where or how. For it didn't exist in his conversation.

We need more God in America.

Hi, Brenny:

Thanks for posting that video. I love Tim Tebow, at least what I know of him. He seems to be the real deal; I hope and pray that he is. That said, this story makes me grateful that our Catholic faith is about the Eucharist. No one has anything greater to offer than that.

As far as Tebow's dad "pulling Catholics away from the Church," no one has the power to make people leave the Church. People are leaving on their own because the Church has failed so abysmally at catechizing its people, and of course the multi-national sex abuse crimes and their coverups didn't help matters either. I think for the most part, non-Catholic Christians mean well in their evangelization efforts. I pray that we'll all be reunited someday, but I can't be angry at Protestants for stepping into the void left by the Catholic Church's failure.

Hello Giggi and thank you for the comments, yes your right people are leaving on there free will. And everything that has happened within the church does not help matters but should necessarily justify the reason for someone to leave.

My answer to Tim Tebow:

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Brenny: I'm sorry, I don't think I was clear. My second paragraph was in response to the OP who mentioned missionaries taking good Catholics away from the Church. I agree with you though that some people (certainly not all, but some) use the abuse crimes as an excuse to leave. Personally, I couldn't imagine depriving myself of Mass and the sacraments due to other people's bad behavior, even if that bad behavior involves betrayal by people whom we are supposed to be able to trust.

God bless you, Sweetheart!

[quote="JustaServant, post:12, topic:280080"]
My answer to Tim Tebow:

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

[/quote]

If by this you mean that you are worried about Tebow setting himself up for a great fall, I share your concerns.

I don’t get it. He doesn’t think he is better than anyone else. I heard him on an interview once and he was very humble. He kept thanking God for giving him the opportunity to do what he loves: play football and preach the gospel. He said he is so humbled and amazed at how God is working through his life and career to get the gospel out there and that no matter what he will always put God first.

He isn’t trying to show off that he is Christian. He loves God and he truly believes in what he believes and when you have faith like that you want everyone to know. And look at what God is doing, He is using someone so famous and well known to spread the news about His Son.

I read a fact a while ago that John 3:16 was the most searched item on Google after he wrote that on his cheeks.

You might not agree with some of the things he or his family believe in/do but praise God that he is getting His Word out there and people who have never even shown any interest in the gospel are searching. Even if it was one verse, God can open up someone’s heart just through that.

[quote="Kristin234, post:15, topic:280080"]

I read a fact a while ago that John 3:16 was the most searched item on Google after he wrote that on his cheeks.

[/quote]

You are right about that, his role modeling has increased people more to follow God "GOD" in my opinion He believes in Jesus Christ and his father so he is safe he will go to Heaven even though he is not Catholic?

[quote="Kristin234, post:15, topic:280080"]
I don't get it. He doesn't think he is better than anyone else. I heard him on an interview once and he was very humble. He kept thanking God for giving him the opportunity to do what he loves: play football and preach the gospel. He said he is so humbled and amazed at how God is working through his life and career to get the gospel out there and that no matter what he will always put God first.

He isn't trying to show off that he is Christian. He loves God and he truly believes in what he believes and when you have faith like that you want everyone to know. And look at what God is doing, He is using someone so famous and well known to spread the news about His Son.

You might not agree with some of the things he or his family believe in/do but praise God that he is getting His Word out there and people who have never even shown any interest in the gospel are searching. Even if it was one verse, God can open up someone's heart just through that.

[/quote]

I'm no follower of Tebow and wish him the best. I was surprised, however, when Kurt Warner advised him to tone it down a little.

So make his son pay? :smiley: Sins of the father and all that. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.