Timing of Jesus's birth/death, significant

Jesus came to save us all.

Nothing happened that was extraordinary before the birth of Jesus.

Therefore, is the year of Jesus’s birth significant, since God is not random.

If there was no event which signalled Jesus’s coming, does it not make sense that if we look further into the year of Jesus’s birth, it will be riddled with cool links to dates, prophets, future saints, etc…

Has this been discussed before, ever?

First of all, we don’t know what year he was born.

[quote=Magicsilence]Jesus came to save us all.

Nothing happened that was extraordinary before the birth of Jesus.

Therefore, is the year of Jesus’s birth significant, since God is not random.
[/quote]

Yes. It is significant as the year of Jesus’ birth.

[quote=Magicsilence]If there was no event which signalled Jesus’s coming, does it not make sense that if we look further into the year of Jesus’s birth, it will be riddled with cool links to dates, prophets, future saints, etc…

Has this been discussed before, ever?
[/quote]

Magic and diviniation are forbidden by the Church.

[quote=Magicsilence] if we look further into the year of Jesus’s birth, it will be riddled with cool links to dates, prophets, future saints, etc…

[/quote]

It’s called the Old Testament.
The year itself is not significant as much as everything which led to His birth.
All revelation about the coming of Christ is revealed through the Old Testament.
Have you read through it yet?

I suggest following Jeff Cavin’s approach to reading the Bible - The Great Adventure…it really helps to read it the way he suggests.

Note that the Roman Empire was at its height at the time of Jesus’ birth. The evil empire of Carthage had been destroyed - Rome was probably the best one could hope for from men working on their own to establish a moral government. There was a moderate approximation of peace in the world - villages were not routinely destroyed by pillaging raiders. And there was an excellent road system which permitted rapid dissemination of the message.

It would appear that God had prepared the secular world for quick and extensive evangelization.

I think the timing of everything that God does is significant shrugs

God is infinite and I believe that in that each moment lives in a single infinite state. Time is not without meaning to The Being that is infinite; quite the opposite, each moment of time is eternal.-

-B.

there is a reading, I believe from the Vigil of Christmas (although I could be wrong) that begins sets the stage for the Incarnation and Nativity by pinpointing it in history by various dating methods used by men - the Olympiad year, the year from the founding of the Roman Empire, the Jewish Calendar etc., and after all this dating, says “In the reign of Caesar Augustus, the world being at peace . . .” and goes on to say that an angel appeared to a Virgin espoused to a man named Joseph etc.

The point of this reading, and I have no idea of its source is that this moment is “the fullness of time” in which the prophets said the Messiah would appear. No, it was not at all random, but part of God’s plan, and essential to that plan.

No, the date is not important. For me the only thing I care about is that we celebrate it. I herd the scientist think that Jesus was born in August. But as far as the date no it in unimportant

K.O.T.I.
Hatheract

And Jesus said, “I am the bread of life you who come to me shall never hunger”

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.