Tip # 1: If it is a "secret" heretical ordination, don't alert media outlets

mytelus.com/news/article…ticleID=1988315

lol who “ordained” them?

[quote=Lazerlike42]lol who “ordained” them?
[/quote]

Their buddies.

It reminds me of that guy Pope Michael who was elected by a conclave consisting of his parents:whacky:

Tip # 2: The Vatican has broadband and the Pope knows how to use his internet explorer to read what these media outlets publish.

Even though it should be common sense, somebody important ought to issue a statement not to let these people perform any priestly duties, like confession, or it won’t be valid.

[quote=Lazerlike42]Even though it should be common sense, somebody important ought to issue a statement not to let these people perform any priestly duties, like confession, or it won’t be valid.
[/quote]

These people don’t actually want to do God’s work. They want the perceive power, they want to show contempt for authority, and they want to be able to preach their agenda from the pulpit. It’s not about actually being a humble priest.

[quote=Genesis315]These people don’t actually want to do God’s work. They want the perceive power, they want to show contempt for authority, and they want to be able to preach their agenda from the pulpit. It’s not about actually being a humble priest.
[/quote]

Probably not I would just be concerned about people who may be deceived into thinking they are valid. One should never underestimate the ignorance and/or stupidity of people.

[quote=Lazerlike42]Probably not I would just be concerned about people who may be deceived into thinking they are valid. One should never underestimate the ignorance and/or stupidity of people.
[/quote]

Yes, good point. I’d love to see a follow up article that says what these people actually went and did after they were “ordained.”

As I said in another post about this:

One of the women “ordained” said that she was born and baptized a Roman Catholic and she refuses to acknowledge their authority to tell her that she can’t participate in the Sacraments and to minister to the people of God.

I don’t get it. Why be a Catholic priest if you reject the Church’s authority? If you don’t like the rules, get out!!!

How do you get ordained if it is on a boat anyhow? Wouldn’t one of the local parishes have noticed if a bunch of women were dragging the alter down the center isle? Also, how do they explain apostolic succession if nobody who is a successor of the apostles has ordained them?

I find it humorous that they did it on a boat. It was not the barque of Peter.

Haha… that’s hillarious. “Secret.”

Perhaps these women should have had Pope Michael ordain them so it would be valid and licit!:bowdown:

Have these female priests told Jesus He was wrong for choosing all men?:bigyikes:

Now on a serious note, isn’t there evidence and precidence for female Deacons? I could swear our Church has had female Deacons in the past. I see no problem with it as long as women are not preists and Bishops - Gods choice not mine:whistle: .

[quote=Malachi4U]Perhaps these women should have had Pope Michael ordain them so it would be valid and licit!:bowdown:

Have these female priests told Jesus He was wrong for choosing all men?:bigyikes:

Now on a serious note, isn’t there evidence and precidence for female Deacons? I could swear our Church has had female Deacons in the past. I see no problem with it as long as women are not preists and Bishops - Gods choice not mine:whistle: .
[/quote]

They did have Deacons in the past, but the term used to be used in a different way. They have never had Deacons as we currently define them.

In the article one of those secretly! ordained says that “the women do such things as offer spiritual counselling and work in hospices.”

Now, I may be being thick here, but I cannot see that someone has to be ordained to do those things. Why would ordination be part of their calling if they are called to do those things? There seems to be something missing in this woman’s reasoning.

The singer Sinead O’Connor was “ordained” a few years ago. Ho hum.

Secret??? When the story is on the CNN news website, and appears in the Minneapolis Star Tribune and the St. Paul Pioneer Press who apparently have interviewed the woman from Red Wing Minnesota. Archbishop Flynn told her in so many words it was going to be an exercise in futility and that any teaching, ritual or liturgical function she might have been able to serve in as a lay person would now be lost to her. She thinks she was frustrated before hand now it will be even worse. No one in their right mind will recognize these women as being ordained. The papers made that pretty clear. Even robbing a bank is more effective; at least you come away with money even if it is illegal. Barnum was right when he said there is “one” born every minute.

I feel sorry for all of them… so confused :frowning:

They obviously have not properly been taught orthodox theology; or they need an extensive lesson in humility.

[quote=Malachi4U]Now on a serious note, isn’t there evidence and precidence for female Deacons? I could swear our Church has had female Deacons in the past. I see no problem with it as long as women are not preists and Bishops - Gods choice not mine:whistle:
[/quote]

Women have never in Church Tradition received the sacrament of Holy Orders. Deaconesses in the early centuries were akin to minor orders: the sub-diaconate (now defunct), acolyte or lector–except they were specially designated for Baptism of women, which was at the time done in the nude w/full submersion.

[size=2]
“We are worker priests,” she said. “We will not be able to have parishes and that sort of thing because the church clearly forbids that, but we are doing our work in the world for humanity so we’ll move forward with our work.”

Worker “priest(esses)”? Working for who?

[/size][size=2] [/size] [size=2]“It cannot take away the fact that in my soul I am Roman Catholic and will always be Roman Catholic and that is between me and my God. So the Vatican can offer excommunication as a punishment that I might be denied the sacrament in the church. The sacraments belong to everyone, I believe.”
[/size]

[size=2]Sure sounds like a Protestant to me…
[/size]

[quote=Lazerlike42]Even though it should be common sense, somebody important ought to issue a statement not to let these people perform any priestly duties, like confession, or it won’t be valid.
[/quote]

After our local news interviewed one of these women, Archbishop Flynn made a statement. Here it is covered in his newspaper:

thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=4227

View the interview here:

wcco.com/seenon/local_story_200095641.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.