Tips for a healthy romantic relationship

We have a thread for “Tips for a healthy marriage,” How about “Tips for a healthy relationship”

I’m assuming you’re talking romantic relationship. :slight_smile:

I think being open and clear about expectations is very important. If you’re just casually dating and getting to know each other, both people should know that. If you make the decision to see each other exclusively, both people should know that. If you’re trying to figure out if the other is someone you want to marry, both people should know that. And so on.

I am a firm believer that people should not play mind games with each other, whether they are married, dating, friends, family, whatever. If you’re insecure enough about the relationship that you feel the need to “test” if the other person is into you, that’s a problem. If the other person is playing mind games with you, I’d have very little patience for that. Trouble is it’s often expected. :rolleyes:

This advice is so spot on. Couldn’t have said it better myself. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Learn to see things from her/his pov.

Learn that understanding reach other during a disagreement doesn’t mean you agree.

Learn to agree to disagree. It goes a long long way.

Don’t make excuses for bad behavior. :nope:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.