Tips to get past guilt and get rid of bad thoughts

Hi everyone,

To cut a long story short… I’ve recently been to my third confession. Today I got some sit down time with the priest and basically he understood what I was expressing and told me no harm was done by my sin so I need to not worry and just get past it.

That’s my trouble getting past it. I’m able to occupy my mind for 30mins max then I start to worry and get bad thoughts.

Do any of you have any tips or advice to get past this?

I know I have been forgiven and my sins washed away but I need help making the next step forward.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you all and take care.

It sounds like you’ve got some issues with intrusive thoughts, and maybe with scrupulosity, based on this and your other thread. You should speak with your priest at greater length, outside of confession, and maybe also seek the assistance of a counselor who can help you work through the underlying issues. These are issues that are both spiritual and mental/physical in many cases, and so it’s good to hit them from all fronts.

You are in my prayers
-Fr ACEGC

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.