Tired of being single

No I'm not desperate for a man. Nor am I looking for someone to financially provide for me. I can take care of myself emotionally and financially it's the companionship with a kindred spirit I crave. I feel like hey God you gave me this calling to get married and have a family..ok I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never have kids. I'm not sure at this point I could fit them in my life but even Adam was allowed some company. :shrug: :shrug:

It’s a tough burden. Are you spending a lot of time alone or are you cultivating friendships by being involved in groups and so on?

I know the feeling. :hug1: I’m trying to stay busy with work, gym, church, rugby, and volunteering, but something seems to be missing. Like a man! :smiley: I want to feel the scruff of an unshaven face, or the smell of really good cologne. Plus holding hands and cuddling is nice (that’s about as far as I’ll take it in this post). :blush:

Sierrah and CountrySinger~ I hear ya sisters!! I've started volunteering more and going back to church again and have joined up the YA Catholic group in my diocese. That does help but coming home to an empty place and making dinner for 1 is starting to get a bit tiresome.

:grouphug: <----for all us single ladies!

[quote="Sierrah, post:1, topic:194775"]
it's the companionship with a kindred spirit I crave.

[/quote]

Same thing. In this time of national mourning here, this is particularly able to be felt while passing all the couples when on a long solitary walk.

Been there…not desperate,did a lot to keep myself busy…but as someone said, it is the coming home to an empty apt., watching couples wandering around enjoying each others company, etc… that really makes it hard!
But I am learning to trust more, and I am realizing more and more God has someone out there for all of us called to this vocation…:slight_smile: Cliche, I know…:rolleyes: but I am watching my single aunt of 50 years, falling in love!:eek: It is so beautiful! :heart:She never gave up, but she never sat around waiting either! :slight_smile: She lived her life beautifully and fully, and now she is getting a reward of a gentleman worthy of her…soooo amazing!

=Sierrah;6526082]No I'm not desperate for a man. Nor am I looking for someone to financially provide for me. I can take care of myself emotionally and financially it's the companionship with a kindred spirit I crave. I feel like hey God you gave me this calling to get married and have a family..ok I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never have kids. I'm not sure at this point I could fit them in my life but even Adam was allowed some company. :shrug: :shrug:

guys, guys, guys cheer up!

"Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one
great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament....There you will find
romance, glory, honor, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves upon earth,
and more than that: death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and
demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone
can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be
maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, that
every man's heart desires,"

• J.R.R. Tolkien

As a single man trying to find a partner, it seems that being involved is the best way to forget about it and not worry. We’ll still have our days, yes, but being involved helps :thumbsup:

[quote="Worthy5, post:7, topic:194775"]
guys, guys, guys cheer up!

"Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one
great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament....There you will find
romance, glory, honor, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves upon earth,
and more than that: death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and
demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone
can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be
maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, that
every man's heart desires,"

• J.R.R. Tolkien

[/quote]

YAY! Tolkien!!! Oh this made me smile....I love him! Thank you!

You are definitely not alone in being tired of being alone. :grouphug: Another thing that I find helps when I have 'those days' is to pray for him, wherever he may be...never too early to start! :thumbsup:

Dood, I mean, sir, I know that one already; in fact, it’s half the reason I’ve decided to stick with Catholics. Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but still.

A way to cheat the system; when you meet him, you will be a couple years (well, wishing you it be months rather) of praying ahead.

chevalier;6526558]Dood, I mean, sir, I know that one already; in fact, it’s half the reason I’ve decided to stick with Catholics. Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but still.

Was it posted for you? I am a she—thank you.

Love Quotes, Sayings about Love

Even though I'm single, these quotes give me warm fuzzies and excited for my future. Is that weird? :blush:

[quote="Worthy5, post:12, topic:194775"]
Was it posted for you? I am a she---thank you.

[/quote]

For the latter, my apologies. For the former, not exactly, but I was under the impression that the content you were replying to was representative of all similar content in the whole thread (I would prefer not to discuss this further).

I’m tired of the emptiness as well. Seeing all the couples and families usually means I leave Mass in tears, so I haven’t gone in several weeks, it just too painful. So I go to Seattle, where there are a lot of people like me, alone, and it helps somewhat.
Plus, in the Northwest, being religious is a liability for women in the dating world. Most Catholic women I know had to marry outside of the faith, there just aren’t any good Catholic men here.

My recommendation, go and ask some guy/gal out who you think would show you a fun time. Is possible rejection worse than being single? Also, if you’re a woman, then you have the whole female thing going for you. Men love women, and will go to great lengths to please them, it’s a fact. Show even a little bit of interest in a guy and they might ask you out then and there. If you’re feeling desperate, invite a guy over for dinner; who can resist that? Best of luck y’all.

@CountrySinger - Kickboxing is hot as hell. K1 ftw

True.

If you’re feeling desperate, invite a guy over for dinner; who can resist that? Best of luck y’all.

Or even just a coffee. If there’s any interest in him and he isn’t horribly passive, he will act on it. Once upon a time a girl also pulled the, “If you asked me out, I’d go with you,” line on me, though I suspect it could’ve been innocent.

Just remember to be quick, clear and consistent when you lose interest in a guy you made moves on. Otherwise it’s very disheartening; in fact, a good deal of my own scars comes from that.

It is a cause of great sadness, that so many decent single people, both men and women, seem to be stuck in the single zone.

The dating world is a very fickle place. Heght, weight, dentition, complexion, income, ethnicity, etc., etc., all can push singles to the back of the romantic bus.

For every Jack, there is a Jill. But you have to be proactive, in finding your mate. That means putting forth an honest effort to meet people, and mixing it up, socially, on a regular basis.

I think many long term singles are quite discouraged. This causes lots of them to reduce their mate seeking endeavors, when more effort, and not less, is what they need.

I am one of those discouraged singles, but I accept my own need to work harder at securing a partner.

Keep trying out there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Sierrah,

Who is to say you will or will not be a mother? Even if you never give birth you could adopt. I would say that you probably need to spend time in locations where men that you find attractive are.

You know when some men are interested in a single women they make themselves available to help around the house, fix things etc. It shows a potential spouse, especially one with kids that they are not going to be a burden. That time spent cultivating that relationship could flourish.

Have you offered to babysit children of single men in Church? Many are really trying to find help? How about in other single fathers from Protestant broken marriages? If you are able to bring a protestant single father over to our Church it would be a valid marriage, more than likely, and you would not only be saving his soul but the kids.

I would venture to bet that God is just waiting for you to put yourself into the path of the person he intends for you, but you have to get out and meet people. Instead of looking for a husband why not evangelize and look for potential Catholics, maybe you will find a husband in the mix?

God Bless you… I will pray for you…please pray for me.

I hear you girl. I too am tired of being single, of not having anyone to share my life with. But I know, it's partly my own fault for not getting out more often. But it's never too late to start!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.