TLM mass in Rome

I have seen a special program in EWTN and it features the pilgrims and all about Rome. And one of the feature in that program is the TLM. WOW! That was the most Beautiful Mass i have ever seen. Very Solemn and the Holy Eucharist is really given the greatest reverence. Even if you dont understand the Latin but you can still feel that you are in prayer as if you can speak and understand the language.

The vestments, the prayers, the incense, the Liturgy of the word and the eucharist was awesome. Many pilgrims all over the world really appreciated that TLM Mass.

I was impressed with it as well. EWTN played this video a few years back. It’s called:

PILGRIMAGE
**A Rediscovery of Catholic Tradition

**you can purchase this video from here:

ecclesiadei.org/video2.htm#Pilgrimage

[quote=viktor aleksndr]I have seen a special program in EWTN and it features the pilgrims and all about Rome. And one of the feature in that program is the TLM. WOW! That was the most Beautiful Mass i have ever seen. Very Solemn and the Holy Eucharist is really given the greatest reverence. Even if you dont understand the Latin but you can still feel that you are in prayer as if you can speak and understand the language.

The vestments, the prayers, the incense, the Liturgy of the word and the eucharist was awesome. Many pilgrims all over the world really appreciated that TLM Mass.
[/quote]

Watch it this week!

ewtn.com/tv/G1Radvance3.htm

[font=Arial]EWTN GLOBAL SHOWCASE****
**PILGRIMAGE: A REDISCOVERY OF CATHOLIC TRADITION **(60:00)

At the very end of the 20th century, thousands of Catholics from all over the world journeyed to Rome. They came to celebrate the 10th anniversary of both the Motu Proprio, Ecclesia Dei, and the founding of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. And in the process, they rediscovered the roots of the Catholic Church and reaffirmed their unceasing attachment to it. Pilgrimage celebrates this journey of rediscovery and explores the future of the Traditional Catholic movement. This video features Pope John Paul II and Cardinals Ratzinger, Stickler and Mayer.

Thursday
July 14, 2005
1:00 PM

Saturday
July 16, 2005
8:00 PM

[/font]*

BTW - the organization Una Voce submitted a request to Pope John Paull II in (I believe) 1996 asking him to celebrate the traditional Latin Mass in St. Peter’s. That request was ignored.

Una Voce has recently resubmitted the request to Pope Benedict and we are very optimistic that he will answer this request, given his well-known love for the traditional rite. This would be a huge morale booster for all those who also love the TLM. And given the huge focus of attention that is now on the Vatican (thanks to EWTN), this would introduce the TLM in a special way to millions who have never seen it.

[quote=Scotty PGH]BTW - the organization Una Voce submitted a request to Pope John Paull II in (I believe) 1996 asking him to celebrate the traditional Latin Mass in St. Peter’s. That request was ignored.

Una Voce has recently resubmitted the request to Pope Benedict and we are very optimistic that he will answer this request, given his well-known love for the traditional rite. This would be a huge morale booster for all those who also love the TLM. And given the huge focus of attention that is now on the Vatican (thanks to EWTN), this would introduce the TLM in a special way to millions who have never seen it.
[/quote]

i am sure that Pope Benedict will answer that request. we all know that he was in the congregation of the divine worship before and a lover of TLM. I hope that it will be televised over EWTN so that many people , especially those who were born after the Vatican 2, will see the beauty and the significance of the TLM.

BTW this is my 250th post so it means that i am a senior member now. WOW! Still i have to learn a lot about our church.

[quote=marcus29]PILGRIMAGE
A Rediscovery of Catholic Tradition

[/quote]

I know people might say I am being overly sensitive but it is using titles like this that make people think that the Latin Catholic Church is the Catholic Church.

This is not the rediscovery of Catholic Tradition, it is the rediscover of Latin Catholic Tradition.

[quote=ByzCath]I know people might say I am being overly sensitive but it is using titles like this that make people think that the Latin Catholic Church is the Catholic Church.

[/quote]

:wink: In my opinion you are being overly sensitive. :smiley:

James

[quote=ByzCath]I know people might say I am being overly sensitive but it is using titles like this that make people think that the Latin Catholic Church is the Catholic Church.

This is not the rediscovery of Catholic Tradition, it is the rediscover of Latin Catholic Tradition.
[/quote]

I would suggest you go to ewtn.com/ and voice your outrage!

clearly the Holy Father is supportive of the TLM.

See? :smiley:

http://members.aol.com/fspierre/Photos/ratzinger.jpg

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.