TLM's In Northern Virginia?

Which Catholic churches in Northern Virginia are now offering the Tridentine Latin Mass?

If you’re near the Front Royal area, there’s St. John the Baptist on Main Street with some really nice stained glass windows.
sjtb.org/

The next closest is in Richmond at St. Josephs. rc.net/richmond/stjoes/

Theres another one in Chesapeake, but I’d gather that you wouldn’t want to travel that far on a Sunday morning. stbenedict-chesapeake.com/

As far as I know, these aren’t new churches to offer the TLM. St. Josephs, at least, has offered the TLM for a few years as an Indult Community. The others, I’m not sure if they are just now offering the Latin Mass.

Pax tecum

Thanks for the info. I thought perhaps there might be a few local parish priests making good advantage of the motu proprio.

If you want to cross the river, St. Mary, Mother of God, up by the Verizon Center, offers the EF every Sunday.

parishes.org/marymothergod.html.

St.Andrews in Clifton,near Manassas, now has TLM on Saturdays At 8:45am,Wendsdays at 7:00pm and 1st Fridays at 7:00pm.Also St.Johns in Mclean will start having TLM at noon on Oct.21st.Hope this helps.Yours in Christ.Joe

St. Lawrence in Alexandria (Franconia area) also has TLM. St. Mary’s in the City of Alexandria (Old Town) offers a Latin Mass at 1:00 p.m. the first Sunday of each month.

In his letter to priests a few weeks ago, Bishop Leverde asked all parishes to keep the diocese current on Latin Mass availability so that accurate information could be made publically available.

I wonder whether this young priest will soon start the TLM in Manassas: donjim.blogspot.com/

:smiley: Today’s bulletin at St. Mary’s, Alexandria, Virginia, has the following note from our pastor, referencing one of our Parocial Vicars . . .

“Friday, September 14, was the official date that the “Old Latin Mass” could be said publicly as decreed by Popt Benedict XVI. Fr. DeCelles did return from the week long seminar in Nebraska and will be ready to offer this Mass soon.”

I gave Fr. DeCelles an “atta boy” after Mass . . . :smiley:

From an email that was sent to me from TLMers in my Nova/DC/MoCo area:

This is to let you know that…St. Rita’s in Alexandria will be offering a traditional Latin Mass on Saturday, September 29, at 10:30 am. This will be sung Mass (Missa Cantata) for the feast of St. Michael the Archangel. This Mass, under the provisions of the recent Motu Proprio on use of the 1962 Missal, will be the first sung traditional Latin Mass at St Rita’s in recent memory.

St. Rita’s is located at 3815 Russell Road in Alexandria. It’s near the Alexandria/Arlington border in the Arlandria section of Alexandria.

Please pass this information on to those who might be interested. It would be nice to have a good turnout.

Looks like I received it in good time for your request!

Any word on what Christendom College will be doing? I know Thomas Aquinas College in California is starting a daily TLM.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.