TNN (The Nashville Network) returns to the airwaves this Summer!

This is very cool as like all Viacom owned cable Networks (TV Land, Nick at Nite, etc.), CMT is a disgrace and I don’t have GAC (Great American Country).

More than likely, TNN will air on an over the air broadcast digital subchannel.

allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/105039/tnn-to-return-late-this-summer

THE NASHVILLE NETWORK (TNN) will resume Country music and lifestyle programming as a digital broadcast network in late SUMMER 2012.

THE CROOK & CHASE COUNTDOWN hosts LORIANNE CROOK and CHARLIE COOK, along with JIM OWENS ENTERTAINMENT and LUKEN COMMUNICATIONS made the announcement at the 2012 NAB SHOW in LAS VEGAS.

TNN, originally launched in 1983 as a cable network featuring Country music programming and was sold in 2000 and subsequently changed its name and programming to target a different demographic. The network will return to broadcast television through exclusive network affiliates. Programming will combine digitally restored classic content pulled from the vaults in NASHVILLE with contemporary shows. The lineup will include shows like MEMORIES OF THE GRAND OLE OPRY, CROOK & CHASE, CELEBRITY KITCHEN, THE COUNTRY VIBE, MUSIC CITY TONIGHT, LARRY’S COUNTRY DINER and more.

TNN is a sister network to LUKEN COMMUNICATIONS’ RETRO TELEVISION (RTV), MY FAMILY TV, TUFF TV, PBJ, MYCARTV and FROST GREAT OUTDOORS.

YouTube video announcing the return:

youtube.com/watch?v=QyHoaou0mEY

I grew up with TNN and we visited Nashville every summer (we were a couple of hours away). We went to the Grand Ol’ Opry, Opryland, etc. Members of my family are related to Porter Waggoner (on one side) and Dolly Parton (on the other!). We’ve met the likes of the Carter Family and Mickey Gilly. My ex used to be a roadie and videographer and has worked with some of the Mandrell sisters and others.

This is exciting news. Hopefully they will re-run “Hee Haw” as well. :wink:

The old country music is America’s folk music. And “Hee Haw” was just plain good fun. My dad was in radio and TV and was great buddies with Archie Campbell, Chet Atkins and that crowd.

:thumbsup:

For those who don’t know, Hee Haw currently airs on RFD-TV.

I thought Crook and Chase was airing on RFD TV as well.

I wouldn’t count on that. RFD already has Hee Haw and, from what I understand, Gaylord didn’t even want to license that.

Our cable company doesn’t carry RFD-TV. I just requested it. Thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

I hope you didn’t do it just for Hee Haw. Gaylord only gave them five or six episodes and that’s all they’ve been showing.

The Marty Stuart Show is very good, though. And the Mollie B Polka Party. There are also a couple dozen horse shows if you’re into horses.

I don’t watch television and know nothing about country music. In what way does CMT fail? How can The Nashville Network do better? What kind of programming are you looking for on the new TNN?

Well, let’s see…CMT today airs reruns of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Married…With Children and tonight aired the movie You’ve Got Mail. CMT only airs country videos in the morning daypart.

From what i’ve been able to gather, the new TNN will be alot like the TNN from the 90’s with a ton of country programming during the week and outdoors & motor sports programming on the weekend.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.