To all "Bible only" believers.. which verse?

To all “bible only” believers, which verse or verses do you stand on for salvation? I’ll start with mine.

Jhn 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Jhn 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Jhn 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Act 2:21
And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Act 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Can it be any verse, or are some better than others?

You should have asked the Sola Fide’rs. They will say all of them. Yet only practice pieces of the message.

Hello Believers,
I have many, but since it’s late I’ll keep it short,

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

and

Acts 16:30-31 “And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”

and

Romans 5:6 “For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.”

and

1Peter 3:18 “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.”

I could go on, but must stop. God Bless,
Benaiah

Hi,. All the ones others have already put;)
All of Psalm 37

All of Romans 8

1John 5 :9–13— If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

1Jo 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

1Jo 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Also John 3:16–18
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that **whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. **

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hi,
Dont you have a verse to share:thumbsup:

I prefer to “stand on” Christ for salvation, personally, rather than a few words on a page. :thumbsup:

and not baptism

False dichotomy. Standing on Christ means following his commands. The baptism itself would be meaningless without the power of Jesus as its foundation.

:eek: Are you referring to a few words on the page as the Bible?

I’m referring to a single verse as a few words on a page. The entire Bible would obviously take up more space than that.

To all “bible only” believers,

RH 1: 2-3 He spaketh unto them and thee that thou what givest thous that doest not nor doest but forth from thy mouth did thou spake unto thee that thy catholik churchest ist not that that thee givest but that that thou didst not giveth. But thy God gavest unto them the non-catholik that they may worship Thou and not them for ever and ever

Which Bible Are We Talking About?

Here’s mine: Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22:21. That’s for starters but I’m not a Sola Scriptura kinda guy. I also believe Jesus when He left authority with His Church. So when they exercised that authority in recognizing what would be the canon of Scripture (that you only follow now), I place my salvation on the Church’s decision.

You have a neat Bible, I assume. Boy we did a nice job. Your welcome.:thumbsup:

Thanks but are you a “bible only” believer? We’re not discussing Sola Scriptura, authority, or canon here. But, I’m sure there are plenty of threads already discussing this issue.

Uh, hello, Sola Scriptura means “bible only”. And canon is Scripture. But that’s o.k. I’ll go to other threads that coincide with authentic Christianity…:whacky:

:banghead: :hmmm: I wonder if he knew what Sola Scriptura is? We know its Bible Alone… in plain English…

Funny, Just a couple of weeks ago on this forum, Catholics were convinced Sola Scriptura dosn’t exist. So fickle.:stuck_out_tongue:

Could you please define “Bible only” so I can determine if this thread is directed towards me?

It exist amongst Protestants…

It’s not directly towards you but believers.

Bible Only or Bible Alone states, the final sole authority concerning faith and morals, and revelations of God is in the Bible. Anything that is not found in the Bible is a false doctrine.

Yeah, Jesus also says that we need to eat His body and drink His blood, or else we have no life in us. I’m confused, do we believe in Him or believe Him. Sounds like you ignore what He says. But hey, it doesn’t matter if we are dead, as long as we believe what we want to believe, right?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.