To all Filipino: Charice converts to the Catholic Faith

Charice Pempengco, A Filipino International Singing Sensation converts to the Catholic Faith from Iglesia ni Cristo cult in the Philippines.

thesplendorofthechurch.blogspot.com/2010/05/charice-our-international-singer-is.html

Charice separates from Iglesia, now a Catholic

philippinenews.com/article.php?id=8096

MANILA — “Get some chocolates, now!” barked the priest’s assistant to an acolyte midway into the baptism and confirmation of Charice Pempengco and her brother Carl Saturday morning at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Pasig.
Moments later, the acolyte rushed back with a pack of Hershey’s Kisses, and the assistant gave some to the presiding clergyman, the Most Rev. Francisco San Diego, the bishop of the Diocese of Pasig.
With a smile, Bishop San Diego apologized: “I’m sorry for the delay. I was having hypoglycemia [low blood sugar attack].
The incident hardly caused a stir, as the sweltering heat in the baptismal font area of the church drove people to fan themselves briskly, while some tried shutting their eyes intermittently to avoid distraction.
In the middle of the room sat the Pempengco siblings— Charice looking solemn in a formal white dress, and Carl sporting a more casual attire in similar color.
Surrounding them were a power cast of more than 20 pairs of godparents led by a contingent from ABS-CBN: network president Charo Santos; producer Laurenti Dyogi; “The Buzz” hosts Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino; segment host and radio personality Jobert Sucaldito; “TV Patrol” news anchors Karen Davila and Julius Babao; and Star Records boss Annabelle Regalado-Borja.
US entertainment mogul Oprah Winfrey and Canadian record producer David Foster, two principal sponsors who played a major role in Charice’s ascent to international stardom, couldn’t make the flight to attend the ceremony.

Continue Reading

philippinenews.com/article.php?id=8096

US entertainment mogul Oprah Winfrey…couldn’t make the flight

Of course not. The Church stands for everything Oprah hates. Morality, truth, logic, reason…

It’ll take more than a couple of baptisms to break the hold of cults in the Philippines. But congratulations to the siblings.

If I here Charice sing "baby baby baby ohhhh" one more time, I'll vomit. One reason I'm glad to be home from the Philippines (besides catching Typhoid there along with my daughter) is to NOT have to hear Charice's sexual-sounding repetitive songs that she never writes herself....:shrug:

[quote="IHeartAquinas, post:2, topic:207556"]
Of course not. The Church stands for everything Oprah hates. Morality, truth, logic, reason...

It'll take more than a couple of baptisms to break the hold of cults in the Philippines. But congratulations to the siblings.

[/quote]

Oprah is a wannabe mini-god. I once heard her give the New Age rhetoric that there are many ways to get to Heaven? Oh really? Oprah's way is the least way I would ever consider.

Oprah thinks she is a pope. I couldn't agree more with your assessment. She talks like Deepok Choprah and is SO into the gay and lesbian agenda. She has no moral compass. Honestly listening to her makes me nauscious and wanna ralf....

[quote="Nicea325, post:4, topic:207556"]
Oprah is a wannabe mini-god. I once heard her give the New Age rhetoric that there are many ways to get to Heaven? Oh really? Oprah's way is the least way I would ever consider.

[/quote]

I watched a video of her early proselytizing of the New Age cult, and felt so bad that there wasn't an informed Catholic to explain invinsible ignorance, because she brought of the "remote island with a good, humble, just, and decent human who has never heard of Jesus. Is he going to hell?"

But I have NEVER seen Oprah get that angry at an audience member, and all the audience member did was question her conviction in this stuff.

By their fruits shall you know them. And Oprah's fruits are withered, dry, and bitter.

[quote="gurneyhalleck1, post:5, topic:207556"]
Oprah thinks she is a pope. I couldn't agree more with your assessment. She talks like Deepok Choprah and is SO into the gay and lesbian agenda. She has no moral compass. Honestly listening to her makes me nauscious and wanna ralf....

[/quote]

Amen! You are right,she has no morals at all. It gets even worse when she invites guest who have the same principles...YUK! Makes me want to :nunchuk: her to death....:p

[quote="IHeartAquinas, post:6, topic:207556"]
I watched a video of her early proselytizing of the New Age cult, and felt so bad that there wasn't an informed Catholic to explain invinsible ignorance, because she brought of the "remote island with a good, humble, just, and decent human who has never heard of Jesus. Is he going to hell?"

But I have NEVER seen Oprah get that angry at an audience member, and all the audience member did was question her conviction in this stuff.

By their fruits shall you know them. And Oprah's fruits are withered, dry, and bitter.

[/quote]

Oh I watched the same episode,but someone did tell her Jesus is the ONLY way and that is what Jesus wanted us to do,teach those on a far-off remote island.

The women I'm around at work and in other settings act like she's the ultimate guru and anything she endorses or says is somehow life-changing and sends one into a state of nirvana.

I hate to admit it, but when she hired that million dollar trainer and chef and had to rub it in our face how she lost weight and then preached at us over and over and asserted herself on the people, when she gained it all back and then some I chuckled LOL LOL...aren't I awful!? LOL

I remember flipping by her show one time and they had a story about five couples who were gay/lesbian who were married for years and then left their spouses for same-sex relationships and now the couples are close friends with the former spouses.....my vomit bag was maxed-out....

When she announced her retirement, I was happier than hearing larry king's finally going to stop his raspy wind-bag suspender-laden nauseum! LOL

(Edited)

[quote="gurneyhalleck1, post:9, topic:207556"]
The women I'm around at work and in other settings act like she's the ultimate guru and anything she endorses or says is somehow life-changing and sends one into a state of nirvana.

I hate to admit it, but when she hired that million dollar trainer and chef and had to rub it in our face how she lost weight and then preached at us over and over and asserted herself on the people, when she gained it all back and then some I chuckled LOL LOL...aren't I awful!? LOL

I remember flipping by her show one time and they had a story about five couples who were gay/lesbian who were married for years and then left their spouses for same-sex relationships and now the couples are close friends with the former spouses.....my vomit bag was maxed-out....

When she announced her retirement, I was happier than hearing larry king's finally going to stop his raspy wind-bag suspender-laden nauseum! LOL

[/quote]

Your vomit bag was maxed-out...:rotfl:

My bag is also maxed-out with her baloney talks I had to upchuck all over the t.v. screen. I had to re-act the scene from the Exorcist....:thumbsup:

Departed from topic and closed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.