To All Prayer Warriors and Church Militant Patron Saints

As I peruse the list of prayer requests I am struck by the fact that over and again I am drawn to certain requests over others. Not that I don’t pray for all intentions but I respond to few. This got me to thinking about the saints in heaven and how with them we take particular requests depending on their experience on earth. Much like I always respond to someone suffering from a mental disorder because I do or mothers respond to requests that have to do with children. Our hearts are just moved by what we know.
THis gave me better insight to the Saints in heaven and helped me feel as though I were participating in their work.

So now I pray to St Dymphna I ask you to participate with your own patron saint–I bring to you my prayers not of those suffering of a mental disease but of those who have no compassion no empathy for those with a mental disability. Awaken their hearts to the weakness in their brothers and sisters and guide them to the generosity God has for his little ones. Thank you St Dymphna. Amen

Amen

Thank you for your deep and compassionate insight.

Saints of each of us please intercede for all who share in our particular needs and callings.

May God grant your prayers for yourself and other with mental illness. May God deepen the compassion and understanding of those who do not suffer mental illness.

God bless you and fulfil His wishes for you life…Trishie

Amen

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I love being able to pick a specific Saint to help me with prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.