To All the Gents

Hi:wave:

I’m wondering if you all catholic gents go either often or occasionally to the cafes,well…you know to meet up with nice ladies or just have some fun with good friends.
Maybe you are wondering also why I want to know about it and the reason is I’m still single,I tried other ways to meet up with good catholic gent,but one or the other I failed and the worst was I got scammed:mad: :crying: So I’m thinking whether a good catholic gent also on occasionally goes to the cafe?In my opinion that good genuine catholics won’t bother to visit cafes/bars,don’t drink,get high,flirt with non-religious ladies.Let me say they don’t mess with their faith n soul n life.
I know I must get involved with some charities or catholic communities/activities,but the dilemma is I will seldom meet up with a catholic gent I like:( Challenge me if I’m wrong…and if my words are offensive,my apology:banghead:
I also pray,but I must take some actions too…and I think I must leave everything into God’s will/hands without losing hope n faith on this,right!

Laudate Dominum

You couldn’t be more right - leave it in God’s hands and pray for his help in letting you see his plan for you.

As a catholic gent I do go to the cafe’s a lot. I believe coffe is it’s own food group. I am sorry you got scammed but it does appear you have the right attitude. Catholic organizations are a good source for guys and many dioceses/parishes may even have catholic singles type organizations or events. I know of a couple that met through our choir and plan to marry in October. Don’t just check your own church - look at other churches around you too.

Don’t underestimate the suggestions of friends and relatives who know you well and know your beliefs. Good luck and God Bless. Prayers for you that someone special comes along and answers God’s plan for you.

It’ll happen if it’s God’s will. Just remember what Christ said

“The birds of the air worry not even of food or water for their Heavenly Father provides them with what they need, but men worry of what they will even wear…let tommorow take care of it’s own worries, there are enough for today.”…or something to that extent!

…“For I know the plans I have in store for you’ says the LORD”…

…“In the womb before the Dawn I begot you”…

In other words, just keep gonig from day to day. It’s in God’s hands. “Pray, hope, and don’t worry!” Padre Pio said.

I met my wife on a Franciscan Retreat. We have 2 kids. I use to believe that this was pro-ordained by God. Now, I believe that God was trying to play some comic trick on us. I know he made a mistake

Uh, a cafe and a bar are two different things. At the cafe, you get sandwiches and coffee, order up some hand-packed ice cream when you are in the mood to splurge, and get free internet access so you can write your article for your volunteer newsletter and blog in the catholic answers forum. How is that as sinful as going to a bar, getting high and drinking and flirting with non-catholic ladies?

Now I am going to think I am not a good catholic gent. It’s bad enough being single and catholic (I feel looked down upon both within and outside of the church), but to call me sinful because I like overpriced, fat-rich food with my coffee just hurts.

edit - …that is assuming a cafe is the same thing where you live… maybe they do get high and drink where you live. Using an regional word like “gent” should have tipped me off. j/k (OK, you got me. Going to a cafe is gluttony, I get it. I’ll cut back. I’ll just go for a cup of coffee and for the internet access from now on.)

edit2- oh, seldom meeting a gent you like is fine. You only need to meet the one anyway. Definitely volunteer. Doing things socially that you are interested in is the best way to meet someone who shares your interests.

You might give this a look-see…Fr Groeschel isn’t wrong very often…:smiley:

Also, I happen to know from personal knowledge of folks I know that this is a totally reputable Catholic enterprise. Good luck & God bless your search…

avemariasingles.com/

Have a p.s.: go to that site and click on the link for ‘what people say’ …you might think you’re either on EWTN or back here :wink: :smiley:

I met my wife on a Franciscan Retreat. We have 2 kids. I use to believe that this was pro-ordained by God. Now, I believe that God was trying to play some comic trick on us. I know he made a mistake

I hope your wife or kids don’t frequent this board!:eek:

:blush: yeah, I wondered that myself.

Hi,

I’m sorry to confuse you about the difference between cafe and bar.I thought cafe is like coffee shop and coffee shop in my country means a place where you are able to get high by smoking weed.While I think in the States cafe/coffee shop means a place where you are able to get your fresh coffee,breakfast,and read your morning newspaper;)

About a soulmate is concerned,yes,I leave it in God’s hands and keep praying for His blessing,nothing is impossible:)
Thank you for your prayers too Itbpoe43:thumbsup: And guess what God has revealed to me my future soulmate/husband to be and even his name:)recently.Praise be to the Lord!You may think that I made up my own story and my apology if I’m mistaken.

Thank you again for your prayers,it has strengthened my faith and hope:)

God bless!

Hi Stolen Rutters,

So sorry to confuse you between cafe and coffee shop:) In my country coffee shop means that you are able to get high by smoking weed.And cafe means you can get your coffee,breakfast even you are able to enjoy them while you read your newspaper;)
And to hurt you because my definition about cafe,my apology:blush: Cafe is fine,but coffee shop is not,at least the meaning of it in my country.

About a soulmate is concerned I leave it in God’s hands and keep praying for His blessing.Nothing is impossible:)

God bless!

I met my wife in college. My brother met his wife in Church. My sister met her husband at work…so it really does not matter where you are. When God wants you to meet your spouse you will…just be patient…remember; it’s God’s will, not ours (just ask Abraham and Sarah)

Does your Parish have a Single Adult Ministry?

Ahh, there is a difference. Around here, a coffee shop and a cafe are the same thing. Well, technically a coffee shop would sell you a donut with your coffee, but a cafe would sell you a sandwich with unusual bread (challah is the big thing this year) or maybe a scone or bagel, a donut being beneath them.

I would advise not to go to a “coffee shop” as you described it, to meet men at least, unless the kind of man you want would go to that place. Keep in mind that this could be a cultural opinion, but a clear mind is something to be desired.

Uhm…I’m not an active churchgoer I mean I attend mass weekly,I love to be in God’s house,but don’t get involved with any church activity:blush:

I’ll be patient waiting for the one and to tell you the truth I got an answer from God recently that I’ll be blessed with a soulmate even He revealed his name:)

God bless!

Stolen Rutters,

Thanks for your clearer explanation about the difference between a coffee shop and a cafe:)
I won’t go to a “coffee shop” to meet men or to a bar,one place to see men get high and other place to see men get drunk,such a waste!

God bless!

QUOTE=Stolen Rutters;2405235]Ahh, there is a difference. Around here, a coffee shop and a cafe are the same thing. Well, technically a coffee shop would sell you a donut with your coffee, but a cafe would sell you a sandwich with unusual bread (challah is the big thing this year) or maybe a scone or bagel, a donut being beneath them.

I would advise not to go to a “coffee shop” as you described it, to meet men at least, unless the kind of man you want would go to that place. Keep in mind that this could be a cultural opinion, but a clear mind is something to be desired.

HUH???:ehh:

and what happens if the gentleman ends up with another woman?

Did God really tell you that you would mary this man or is it wishful thinking or desire?

Please be careful…If you want to get closer to God and get better discerning of his will in your life, you might want to spend more than 45 minutes a week with him.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that there’s a “gent” out there waiting for you. Keep praying for readiness and hope. Consider this prep time. :slight_smile:

Salve Regina, mater misericordiae

I know you would say/think that:)
I’ve been praying for long concerning my soulmate,I was so depressed,losing my hope,I thought I’ve tried one or other way to meet my soulmate,family and friends claim that I am too demanding:confused: how can I be so demanding while there’re no gents around me:hmmm:
Then I thought to myself ok if it’s God’s will either I’d be blessed with a family on my own or not,God’s my planner of my life.This thought came to my senses and I calmed down.Then recently in my deep senses God revealed to me that I’ll be blessed with a soulmate and He even revealed his name and his job:) I smiled and thanked God.I do believe and you know why because while you are in your senses the Holy Spirit acts freely within you and you listen to it,but while your senses are in trouble/doubt you won’t listen to it.As you mentioned it could be my own wishful thinking or desire,no,my desire is to raise my own family and about his job I never thought or desired he’d have that job.
And about he’d end up with another woman:) God revealed to me he’ll be my husband and father of our kid.That’s it and amen for that:)
I believe God reveales His deepest secrets to others too if they really listen to it with faithful heart.
I appreciate your concern,thanks!But don’t get me wrong,since the reveal I feel I am not in doubt concerning my soulmate,he’s there already,the guy God has chosen for me:)

Laudate Dominum

Yes,definitely that gent is out there and God has chosen him for me:)

Laudate Dominum

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.