"To read it is to feel one's heart expand"

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Continuing to re-read Sr. Lucia’s book “Calls” From the Message of Fatima , I’m posting an excerpt from the Preface by the Consultor of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith, July 16, 2000:

…Lucia’s book is, in a sense the seer’s spiritual testament, and was written especially for all who have asked her for an authoritative interpretation of the message of Fatima. To read it is to feel one’s heart expand. With great simplicity and openness, Lucia has sketched out a kind of message of Fatima according to the Gospel, or a Gospel according to Fatima, to express it in the words of John Paul II…

…On every page of the book, the words of the private revelation are, in fact, compared with the truths of Scripture, springing from the pure sparkling source of revelation in the Old and New Testaments.

So many times, I’ve shared on CAF whenever I read a passage in Scrpture or in some spiritual classic – it is as if I’ve never read it before – something is always new! Of course, it is God’s merciful grace, new for us every day!

Thank You, Lord for the Gift of Yourself – coming new to us each day in all you give us! We tahnk you for the graces you gave to the three shepherd children at Fatima, especially to Sr. Lucia for writing this book.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.
Bl. Francisco and Bl. Jacinta, pray for us.

Thanx, MariaChristi for this thread, we need
MORE Visionaries like Sister Lucia to ENCOUR-
AGE us to sacrifice and pray for sinners and
to pray the Rosary for Peace in the World!!

Dear GLam,

I agree, and Sister Lucia says much the same in her Introduction to her book. She writes because she believes it is God’s Will. Like Our Blessed Mother, Sr. Lucia wants to bring Jesus to others. She wrote on page 35:

…Please do not look on this communication as something that comes from myself. Look upon it rather as the echo of the voice of God, and let us all willingly endeavor to follow faithfully the path that He has mapped out for us. Yes, because it was out of love that God sent this pressing call from His Mercy, in order to help us along the way of our eternal salvation.

“I am the Way the Truth and the Life”, (Jn 14:6) said the Lord to His Apostles, and also to us…

Pondering the mysteries of the Rosary with attention and devotion is a way to grow in knowing, loving and serving Jesus, as Mary did on earth. Chapters 34 - 37 are dedicated to the Rosary and Meditations on the Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious Mysteries. You may want to order the book to read for yourself. It is well worth your time. See HERE

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.