To save a life - help!

I had lunch with a girlfriend of mine who told me a childhood friend of hers is pregnant and has already decided to have an abortion. I’ve never felt so sick in my life. I truly feel like I can not let this happen and I need advise on what I can do to get in contact with this girl. Here’s the predicament: she does not know me and apparently she entrusted my friend with this information. However I really want to send her a message via Facebook or find her e-mail address and ever so carefully and empathetically tell her I would love to adopt her child.

I could go more in depth with how I’m feeling right now, however I’m sure you all understand. Any thoughts on how I can approach this situation whereas to avoid anger and rebellion from this girl. Apparently she is not feeling any remorse and doesn’t think abortion “early on” in the pregnancy is a big deal.

Please help!

You will be unsuccessful unless you let God lead. We may be able to provide you with some words but what you really need is the hand of God to move.

I'm not a huge fan of the movie Juno but in once scene when Juno is going in for an abortion her protesting classmate yells and carries on about how the baby is alive. It's not until the protester tells Juno that the baby has fingernails that Juno starts to believe what she's doing is wrong.

Also, don't say you'll adopt if you just want to do it to save a life and don't have the financial or emotional means. That is, unless you pray and feel God is calling you to that.

call [size=7]1-800-395-help[/size]

Purple and Kage are right listen to them.

I assure you that everyone here is praying for all parties in the situation.

I’m not sure what you could say to your friend’s friend, but I would suggest you pray a Spiritual 911 to save the baby’s life. Also, could you contact her through your friend? She might be angry if you contacted her through facebook. (Then again, she might be angry that her friend betrayed her confidence at all.) I will pray for you.

Spiritual 911

NINE: Memorare - Pray 9 times:
“Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.”

ONE: Rosary - Pray one
rosary-center.org/howto.htm

ONE: Divine Mercy Chaplet – pray one
ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm

Encourage ADOPTION, ADOPTION, ADOPTION.

There are so many MANY couples longing for their dream of having a child finally come true. The more abortions that occur, the longer these families have to wait to be placed with a child. It can take many years in some cases, believe me I’m one, just to adopt one child. There is never a lack of couples to adopt, it’s, rather, how few babies and young children there are actually up for adoption.

If you are looking for some good and reasonable material to share with her, skim the Priests for Life website. If she is truly unwilling to listen, they also have photos of aborted children that are hard to take, but when it is life and death, we are not being merciful by sparing anyone the truth.

I will say a rosary today for this precious life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.