To Save a Thousand Souls

I just wanted to post this book as a resource to all who are considering a vocation to the priesthood, it’s not too much about religious life or marriage but there are some parts that would be great for any vocation. Father Brett Brannen is the vice-rector of Mount Saint Mary’s and has worked in vocations since he became a priest.

The reason I’m bringing it up is that I recently had the opportunity to go to one of his retreats and he talked from his book and had us read certain sections of his book. His book really helped me with questions I had, problems I had, and other things. I first read his book when I began my discernment about a year ago when his book came out and it helped me greatly. Now that I’m in the application stage and I’m getting much closer, this book has still helped me.

So I just wanted to put it out there that this book can be a great help and guide for me discerning the priesthood.

God bless

JeffersonD,

Thank you for the recommendation. I will pray that your application proceeds smoothly, and hope you will return to CAF to let us know how you're doing. Happy New Year.
God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.