To the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses

I have to appologize to you both. Because of my past I was very hurt by Mormonism and sometimes it is easier to find only the bad which lies in the religion. When I amde the thread on brainwashing I never realized at the time how cold hearted it was and I am sorry.

I have been thinking for years that everyone has their own spiritual paths and why are we the ones who should say that a person is wrong and or right. I believe when Jesus comes again we should all be singing…

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now…

Lets just try to understand other faiths and not bash them. That goes for all religions not just Catholics- we should learn and love from each other. I said this in another thread but I truly do mean it and I am very sorry. I will no longer try to bash you all even though I do not agree 100% in your theology- I should not judge.

Please forgive me and I’m sorry again

Saint Paul says to seek the good in others, but also to shun evil.

It is good to seek the good in other religions, but do not also forget to shun the evil in them as well (like brainwashing).

Galatians 3:1
You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?

1 Corinthians 6:2
Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?

Luke 12:51
Do you think that I have come to establish peace on the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.

Luke 12:52
From now on a household of five will be divided, three against two and two against three;

There is a difference between “bashing” and telling the Truth of the True Gospel.

Mark 16:15
He said to them, "Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature.

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned.

I am not taking back what I said. I feel really bad. We should not judge or hurt one another.

Patty, the bible does not say we should not judge the actions of another. So many misunderstand that verse “judge not, lest ye be judged”. In fact the bible tells us to judge our brother. Nothing wrong with that. If we see someone doing wrong we are to point it out to them. It’s all in the bible.

In advance of disagreements with that verse I present this:

“Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment” (John 7:24).

“For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. Drive out the wicked person from among you” (1 Cor. 5:12-13).
catholic.com/thisrock/2007/0702btb.asp

Don’t take back what you said as it was correct. We are not seeking truth to hurt someone but to point out the wrong they are doing. Stand up for what is right and true.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.