today, someone told me the world will end at 5 pm next tuesday

should I stock up on candy bars? I thought he was joking. But, apparently, he believes it.

Has anyone of this? How can anyone take such seriously?

Sounds like an episode of “The Last of the Summer Wine” entitled: “According to the Prophet Bickerdyke” who predicted the end of the world on a Wednesday at a precise time of day, no less. :stuck_out_tongue: So, no, I wouldn’t take it seriously. Crackpots have been predicting the exact time and date for the end of the world for centuries. But Jesus told us that no one knows the time and day except the Father. Unless your guy is the Father I don’t think you need to listen to him. :wink:

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Well, if it were ending, wouldn’t you want to make sure you ATE all of the candy bars instead of stocking up on them? :smiley:

:smiley: That’s what I was going to say! You beat me to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am quick when it involves candy! :wink:

If that’s how it works, then my world ends EVERY Tuesday.

:smiley: I may just go eat a bunch of candy before next Tuesday just to be on the safe side… :stuck_out_tongue:

But then if the world doesn’t end, you will have gained weight and need to diet and exercise. So you lose either way.

Way to be a downer at the cusp of an impending apocalypse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoever told you that is Not all there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude’s a candy salesman.

5 p.m. in what time zone? :smiley:

Sounds legit. I’m gonna start saying my farewells tonight.

What good would candy bars be if the world were ending?

What are his reasons?

Why don’t we just wait and see. And meanwhile, as Luther supposedly said, go plant an apple tree.

Edwin

Thanks for the heads up!!! :thumbsup:

I’ll skip the candy bars and go straight for the wine…!!! :smiley:

:tanning:

Well, i think i will put off cleaning the house until Wednesday. Dont want to waste a clean house…

After reading all the comments, i beg to ask…If the world were going to end Tuesday…what candy bar would you grab as your last?
I have to go with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or should i go with a frozen York Peppermint Patty then i would stand at judgement with minty fresh breath.:smiley:

“Candy is dandy but . . . .”

Besides, if we drink enough wine, we won’t know or care if the world ends. Moreover: 1 Corinthians 15:32b

But you don’t want to leave a dirty house, do you? Think of Tevye’s wife, Golde, in Fiddler on the Roof.

Can’t hurt. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.