Today would've been my dad's 82nd birthday

He passed ten years ago today.

I miss you dad. :frowning:

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord. And let Your Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Amen

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Prayers, the anniversary of my Dad’s death is coming up this week too. :hug1:

Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I lost my Father 6 years ago this September and my Mother passed away 9 months ago :frowning: May your Fathers soul find rest and peace and may the risen Lord grant you comfort.

Hi George, my father also passed away around this time of the year (about 20 yrs ago now)…Will pray for your father’s Soul…BTW, my father also passed away when he was 72. Keep good memories of him alive. Peace…

Praying for you as you remember your father.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please help this soul to enter into Your Heavenly Kingdom, if he has not already. Most over, though, Lord, console this child, who so loved his father and still mourns his passing. Help them to be sure that You have provided for their loved one in the hereafter, and that You will also provide for those in their life who have yet to pass. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and today we thank you for the blessings of fond and warm memories of our loved ones. Lord, we lift up the intentions of George C today who is missing his dear father who passed away some years ago. Please bless and comfort George with the knowledge that our Lord had prepared a special place for his father and took him to that special place himself as he promised us in the Gospels. Please grant peace and the warm, caring love of the Holy Spirit to George and help him to be the best son he can be as he carries out his vocation in this world while remembering the love of his father.

We pray for George and his father in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Praying for you, George, that our Lord will comfort you. Your father must have been a very special man to have been so loved by you.

The number of years doesn’t change things. Your Dad is your Dad. I still have mine, strong and well, but lost my Mum when I was 19.
George, and each of you whom this thread has touched with memories of Dad and mother, may God be with you to heal those sad thoughts and the sense of loss.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.