Today's Mass Readings

I follow the readings from Universalis. Today's readings according to Universalis were from Exodus 3, 1 Corinthians 10, and Luke 13.

However, they were completely different at mass today. The first reading was from Exodus, but not Exodus 3, the second from Romans, and the third from John 4.

i was a bit confused. I sometimes try to prepare for Mass by reading the readings ahead of time, but today I was caught off guard. What's going on?

Did you have the first of the three Scrutinies for the Elect (catechumens) who will be baptized at the Easter Vigil? There were readings from Cycle A that could be read in lieu of the regular readings if you did.

Your parish used the Cycle A readings which are used when there are Elect going through the Scrutinies.

[quote="SMHW, post:3, topic:317128"]
Your parish used the Cycle A readings which are used when there are Elect going through the Scrutinies.

[/quote]

Got it, thank you. :)

seeker of god,

Next year you will be less confused because those readings will be read everywhere since we will be in Cycle A - no optional readings.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.